Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
How bad was the mark? I haven't bounced on the Geissele thread for quite a few weeks now. Personally I can wait longer, it just seems ridiculous that it's gotten to this point by an established manufacturer....

I still need to order a barrel/rail and trigger. I'm just not sure on a barrel length yet since I have the 10.5" already. And I ordered all this stuff around my suppressor which still hasn't been approved either, so there's that...

It looked fairly bad, kind of like a weld mark (it wasn't, but sort of like that). It also wasn't completely centered. I've never seen a mark like that on any lower to be honest. Geissele tried to explain it was part of the process, but if so, I haven't ever seen it before.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It looked fairly bad, kind of like a weld mark (it wasn't, but sort of like that). It also wasn't completely centered. I've never seen a mark like that on any lower to be honest. Geissele tried to explain it was part of the process, but if so, I haven't ever seen it before.
It's amazing that there's 100 companies selling lowers and Geissele is supposed to be precision and can't get one out that doesn't have issues. I bought a 15" DDC rail from them that I couldn't ever get perfectly aligned with my upper...I thought that was odd but I chalked it up to the .01% chance of runout or tolerance stacking, etc...now I hear this. Damn, J, D.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Long-shot, but does anyone have some MBUS sites or DD irons they'd like to trade for one of those KAC rears a few of us bought a few weeks back? Nothing at all wrong with it, but I need a complete set of irons and picked up 2 of the KAC ones.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
It's amazing that there's 100 companies selling lowers and Geissele is supposed to be precision and can't get one out that doesn't have issues. I bought a 15" DDC rail from them that I couldn't ever get perfectly aligned with my upper...I thought that was odd but I chalked it up to the .01% chance of runout or tolerance stacking, etc...now I hear this. Damn, J, D.

I really don't know. I'd only ever had Geissele triggers before buying the Super Duty. I still think the SD is super nice and the anodizing is pretty awesome. My lower does have a slight scratch on it. It's not a huge deal, but something I can't throw alumablack on. I still think it's a great value for all that's included, but I do think they're tarnishing their brand right now by expanding too fast and the BF fiasco.

I bet Stag doesn't feel as bad now after they ruled 2 BFs ago with their Chinese Ambi-Charging Handle fiasco.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
That's a good one, and one I thought of when discussing prepping yesterday. I get being responsible and having some provisions, but at what point are you not trusting God by hoarding away?

I had a couple friends - preachers - ask me about arming/hardening their church services. Both these guys are great guys, and I helped them out as much as possible.

I really wanted to just tell them to fucking pray to make the bad men go away. I may be a tad cynical, but I've come to believe we have zero understanding what God is about.

Keep hoarding, keep training.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
That's a good one, and one I thought of when discussing prepping yesterday. I get being responsible and having some provisions, but at what point are you not trusting God by hoarding away?

I struggle with the same ? My Dad is chill and doesn’t seem to be moved by anything yet asked me for my blacked out mossy 500 410 to keep 6shot in at the door.

I feel that faith without works is dead so I just put some water food ammo and supplies back so my faith is real and my works prove it but there’s something I can actually see immediate comfort from.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
I struggle with the same ? My Dad is chill and doesn’t seem to be moved by anything yet asked me for my blacked out mossy 500 410 to keep 6shot in at the door.

I feel that faith without works is dead so I just put some water food ammo and supplies back so my faith is real and my works prove it but there’s something I can actually see immediate comfort from.

I don't have the answer either. Maybe we should start a subforum? (for real)

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
It is what it is. I'm not in a hurry for it, but 4 months seems a bit excessive to get the kinks worked out and get them shipped. Anodizing isn't new technology, and they've been doing DDC for how long now? A decade or thereabouts?

There’s hope at least end of the week shipping would be cool ... what set did you get ... DDC ODG BLK those were like $180 weren’t they for BF I wanted a set but the MK14 15” had to be first. Maybe this yr I’ll get a set.

Good Luck

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
There’s hope at least end of the week shipping would be cool ... what set did you get ... DDC ODG BLK those were like $180 weren’t they for BF I wanted a set but the MK14 15” had to be first. Maybe this yr I’ll get a set.

Good Luck

Thanks man. I ordered a DDC upper/lower. I'm still looking forward to getting them...I think they were $180 like you said.