Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I miss the old street racing days. Barrett Pkwy used to be lit AF.

Used to do it down here also. I've owned a bunch of 2nd Gen Camaros and Firebirds, couple of friends had 65 and 70 Mustang coupes, we'd see the old guy with the 65 GOAT and 69 Camaro BB, I had another friend with a WICKED small block 69 Camaro. The law was ALWAYS pulling one of the crew over for having turndowns and making us run the exhaust out the back of the car. Good times for sure. I always gave up $5 or $10 for gas money if I was riding with somebody and we'd cruise all night. Damn those were the days. Hanging out in the Kroger parking lot, always a group of 10-20 cars, which is a lot for my area.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
So a used Romanian bayonet is $50 now.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Used to do it down here also. I've owned a bunch of 2nd Gen Camaros and Firebirds, couple of friends had 65 and 70 Mustang coupes, we'd see the old guy with the 65 GOAT and 69 Camaro BB, I had another friend with a WICKED small block 69 Camaro. The law was ALWAYS pulling one of the crew over for having turndowns and making us run the exhaust out the back of the car. Good times for sure. I always gave up $5 or $10 for gas money if I was riding with somebody and we'd cruise all night. Damn those were the days. Hanging out in the Kroger parking lot, always a group of 10-20 cars, which is a lot for my area.

Damn, reading this post makes me want to get this thing out of storage and get it running good again. It runs now but not that great...

Screenshot_20200218-110911_Gallery.jpg

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
It has been long settled that the power to tax is the power to destroy. The reason that Churches are not subject to certain taxation falls under the First Amendment. Taxation of the practice of a religion is an inhibition of a fundamental right to the free practice thereof. While the government's power to tax is vast, the First Amendment applies limits to that power of taxation. Taxing Churches would not only inhibit philanthropic missions, but it would vest in the state some greater expectation of philanthropy. Is the expectation to levy taxes on the church and give government even more money? You can leave the Church if they start doing things you don't agree with, but you can't leave society in the same way. For a bunch of independent freedom-lovers, there are some curious opinions here. Why champion the imposition of more taxes on more people instead of arguing that more activities go untaxed? I don't see how the viewpoints of "taxation is theft" and "Churches should be taxed" is easily reconciled.
/rant

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Damn, reading this post makes me want to get this thing out of storage and get it running good again. It runs now but not that great...

View attachment 68449

That's in great shape!!! My 1st love, the 1st Gen F-Bodies!

My first wife's uncle had a 68 with a small Weiand blower, it was loud AF and made good power, he also had a black tubbed Chevy Luv with a 8-71 on top of it and that thing was pretty ridiculous. It was a blast to ride in, but it was seriously uncomfortable because it had those aluminum racing seats and belts...

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
What's that look like? Who enforces it? The Church? The Klan? Which group do you want telling you how to behave?

well there lies the problem, so many people have drifted from the principles of this country’s founding that anything that resembles moral responsibility or personal sacrifice is deemed oppressive or at least intrusive. So when the country or nation as a whole doesn’t want to live out said principles themselves, others become unmotivated to do so likewise.
being free men doesn’t equate to being ultimately selfish,
Adams said “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other”

so no I don’t desire “enforcement” per say. But if there’s a cultural standard that is lived out and expected by the nation, then most will follow suit when the benefits are realized

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
It has been long settled that the power to tax is the power to destroy. The reason that Churches are not subject to certain taxation falls under the First Amendment. Taxation of the practice of a religion is an inhibition of a fundamental right to the free practice thereof. While the government's power to tax is vast, the First Amendment applies limits to that power of taxation. Taxing Churches would not only inhibit philanthropic missions, but it would vest in the state some greater expectation of philanthropy. Is the expectation to levy taxes on the church and give government even more money? You can leave the Church if they start doing things you don't agree with, but you can't leave society in the same way. For a bunch of independent freedom-lovers, there are some curious opinions here. Why champion the imposition of more taxes on more people instead of arguing that more activities go untaxed? I don't see how the viewpoints of "taxation is theft" and "Churches should be taxed" is easily reconciled.
/rant

*taxy face

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
/rant

I do have a problem when the tax exempt status is exploited. There's a church here that owns a large property with several really nice houses on it and they're tax exempt as I understand it.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code