• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I’m curious, I wanna know what y’all “identify” as politically. Republican. Libertarian, etc

Go

Good morning KK.

Anarchist here. Not the neo-clowns that are really communists.
Yes, churches should be taxed.
Taxation is theft, but if I get robbed, the self-righteous pricks in the big building down the street can get robbed, too.

I used to be a conservative Christian voter. Voted for, enlisted under Ronnie Reagan for Pete's sake.
Life lessons show they're all full of shit and thieving bastards.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
Good morning KK.

Anarchist here. Not the neo-clowns that are really communists.
Yes, churches should be taxed.
Taxation is theft, but if I get robbed, the self-righteous pricks in the big building down the street can get robbed, too.

I used to be a conservative Christian voter. Voted for, enlisted under Ronnie Reagan for Pete's sake.
Life lessons show they're all full of shit and thieving bastards.

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

ha In all seriousness though, I’m deeply religious person(christian) and my parents are extremely republican, but I agree w the anarcho view of “equal theft” and seperation of church and state.
Jesus told peter to pay the drachma tax. So I don’t know where we got the idea of church tax immunity. If it were truly non profit then I’d be fine w it, but people are being paid.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I’m curious, I wanna know what y’all “identify” as politically. Republican. Libertarian, etc

Go

I remember growing up my dad used to talk about very Republican stuff. I know he hated Carter, and voted for Reagan.
I used to consider myself to be a Republican for lack of a better choice - sometimes I still vote that way, as I’m guessing many of you here also do.

Then I learned about Libertarians, and was thrilled to find that better choice. Or so I thought. I’ve found that there are so many goofballs in that party as well, that I can’t really say they represent me either.

Best I can explain it is to say I’m a Responsible Constitutionalist.
I believe smaller government makes fewer people slaves of the central powers.
I believe that the powers not specifically granted to the Government should be back in the hands of the people.

I believe the government needs to get out of the business of competing with private businesses, including schools. Especially schools.
Separation of church and state is important, but what we have right now is persecution of church by state, in an effort to remove the moral code on which this country was founded. Without morals we are lost.

That is not to say that social tolerance is a bad thing - I believe that what we do that hurts nobody else is nobody else’s business, whether it’s in the garage, the backyard or the bedroom.
I believe taxation is theft. Money is not the root of all evil. Money is merely a physical representation of time and ingenuity, which we use to trade for the products of others’ time and ingenuity. The forceful taking of such is the same as stealing pieces of my life.

That’s as much time and ingenuity as I can spare on this subject at the moment.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
[

please explain
I’m not referring to taxation of churches, I’m referring to the systematic removal of all God-related things from public areas. This is not equality of thought, it is persecution.
I think that the churches and other religious organizations exist to fill a need that many people have, and the moral code therein is an important one.
Also, churches and other community organizations (like the VFW, for instance) should be the ones handling welfare- NOT the government.

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
I remember growing up my dad used to talk about very Republican stuff. I know he hated Carter, and voted for Reagan.
I used to consider myself to be a Republican for lack of a better choice - sometimes I still vote that way, as I’m guessing many of you here also do.

Then I learned about Libertarians, and was thrilled to find that better choice. Or so I thought. I’ve found that there are so many goofballs in that party as well, that I can’t really say they represent me either.

Best I can explain it is to say I’m a Responsible Constitutionalist.
I believe smaller government makes fewer people slaves of the central powers.
I believe that the powers not specifically granted to the Government should be back in the hands of the people.

I believe the government needs to get out of the business of competing with private businesses, including schools. Especially schools.
Separation of church and state is important, but what we have right now is persecution of church by state, in an effort to remove the moral code on which this country was founded. Without morals we are lost.

That is not to say that social tolerance is a bad thing - I believe that what we do that hurts nobody else is nobody else’s business, whether it’s in the garage, the backyard or the bedroom.
I believe taxation is theft. Money is not the root of all evil. Money is merely a physical representation of time and ingenuity, which we use to trade for the products of others’ time and ingenuity. The forceful taking of such is the same as stealing pieces of my life.

That’s as much time and ingenuity as I can spare on this subject at the moment.

I agree w all this. Although I would like to humbly assert that if you’re thinking of the verse in Timothy, nowhere in the Bible does it say money is the root of all evil, it does however say “the LOVE of money is the root of all evil”
I think evangelicals get a terrible idea stuck in their head that somehow profiting is bad. Rather than how or why a person profits.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I’m not referring to taxation of churches, I’m referring to the systematic removal of all God-related things from public areas. This is not equality of thought, it is persecution.
I think that the churches and other religious organizations exist to fill a need that many people have, and the moral code therein is an important one.
Also, churches and other community organizations (like the VFW, for instance) should be the ones handling welfare- NOT the government.

While I view this PC bullshit with the same disdain - it is NOT persecution.

Oklahoma had a big Ten Commandments statue at the capitol. Ok, no problem. Then the Devil worshippers sued for equal representation...Ok, that caused some wadded panties for sure.

So - at some point you either have State-endorsed religion and the symbols that go with it, or you allow all, or you allow none.
I'm for allowing none - everyone get treated equally. You want a monument to Baal in your yard, rock on. Just don't put it on taxpayer-funded grounds.

Persecution would be the State telling you you can't do what you want on PRIVATE property, or not allowing assembly, speech, etc....