• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I used a toner when I worked on C-130's...but I rarely needed it, usually we could physically chase the wire. On what I work on now, opens are easy...just gotta make the circuit lol! Shorts...can be anywhere, intermittent are the worst!
I use a tone generator sometimes too at least get me moving in the right direction. Someone needs to invent X-ray vision it’s fn 2020 man

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Usually a PITA or relatively simple? I didn't think you'd see that many, now i'm curious. Usually in the boxes where a DIY'r didn't know what he was doing?
Seen it all. Sheet rocker driving a nail through a romex. Electrician didn’t staple deep enough on the stud to avoid or sheet rocker using too long of screws.
friction from stuff like fans rubbing the insulation off a wire over time.
Pinching wires behind stuff.
Wrong wattage bulbs in non-rated fixtures causing so much heat they cook the wires behind the fixture.
Squirrels
Staple too tight
Goes on and on and on

usually DIY, non-electricians or a code violation of some sort is to blame. If we all did our job to the standard it would be less likely but still not non-existent

I’ve seen it happen with fixtures wired up new from factory. A short within the fixture

storing chemicals causing degradation/oxidation if wires

stab-lock popping out the back after years of a load and then brushing against stuff

Melted lamp cords

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
@Peanut Butter you got the Scorpion for 625, which is about to going rate for a dark elite. Plus one hundred bucks on top. Not bad, not great, but better than any of those AR pistols that people are throwing at you.

@Jeddak perks of working in the hospital is unlimited sources of n95 masks. Got to keep away that TB.

@Jds556762 good luck with your X-ray vision. As I'm quite knowledgeable on x-ray machines and making of x-rays. There is no way, lol

@gaigeboyd I think you might have a severe case of ADHD

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Seen it all. Sheet rocker driving a nail through a romex. Electrician didn’t staple deep enough on the stud to avoid or sheet rocker using too long of screws.
friction from stuff like fans rubbing the insulation off a wire over time.
Pinching wires behind stuff.
Wrong wattage bulbs in non-rated fixtures causing so much heat they cook the wires behind the fixture.
Squirrels
Staple too tight
Goes on and on and on

usually DIY, non-electricians or a code violation of some sort is to blame. If we all did our job to the standard it would be less likely but still not non-existent

I’ve seen it happen with fixtures wired up new from factory. A short within the fixture

storing chemicals causing degradation/oxidation if wires

stab-lock popping out the back after years of a load and then brushing against stuff

Melted lamp cords

Holy crap. It all sounds so simple, but yeah, I can see all that being a lot more common than I thought.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I’m gonna look Into these
They're pricey, but it's the best one I've used. We used to run Greenlee. I went to a different contractor for a short stint and had one of these. I fell in love. When I came over here, my boss asked me what I wanted for a circuit tracer. He about fell out when her saw the price. After he saw it in use, that's all he'll buy.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
@gaigeboyd - you get replacement canisters for those surplus masks? Just curious if you would actually use them, or just like the cool factor. I was looking at a Serbian mask, copied from USGI model. Not sure if GI canisters will fit it though.
I think if I absolutely had to, life or death, I’d use it. I really get them for the cool factor. They are cheap! Now, if I wanted something serious, I’d drop the coin for US stuff or NATO

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
@Peanut Butter you got the Scorpion for 625, which is about to going rate for a dark elite. Plus one hundred bucks on top. Not bad, not great, but better than any of those AR pistols that people are throwing at you.

@Jeddak perks of working in the hospital is unlimited sources of n95 masks. Got to keep away that TB.

@Jds556762 good luck with your X-ray vision. As I'm quite knowledgeable on x-ray machines and making of x-rays. There is no way, lol

@gaigeboyd I think you might have a severe case of ADHD
What I got it for don’t matter, that’s why it’s for trade only. It’s about what it’s worth to someone else.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I think if I absolutely had to, life or death, I’d use it. I really get them for the cool factor. They are cheap! Now, if I wanted something serious, I’d drop the coin for US stuff or NATO

I get company-supplied masks at work. (3M) with replacement cartridges, etc.

If I buy a mil-surp, I'd rather get one that was actually usable, I'd hate to THINK it was, and then have the ATF show me where the leaks are.