Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Russians had wooden side folders. Laminate, contoured the same as AK103 stock. I have never seen them stateside.

I was reading something about that last night. Here's the article I read...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/06/26/potd-ak-with-side-folding-wooden-stock/

Then I clicked on the link about the .366 TKM cartridge that gun fires and read this...

Screenshot_20200117-002548_Samsung Internet.jpg

I had no idea that Russian gun laws were like that. What is a basic rundown of Russian gun laws? Don't have to get too detailed, I just found it interesting and wondered what other dumb laws that they had.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I was reading something about that last night. Here's the article I read...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/06/26/potd-ak-with-side-folding-wooden-stock/

Then I clicked on the link about the .366 TKM cartridge that gun fires and read this...

View attachment 63896

I had no idea that Russian gun laws were like that. What is a basic rundown of Russian gun laws? Don't have to get too detailed, I just found it interesting and wondered what other dumb laws that they had.
It changed a LOT since I left. When I lived there, even Air rifle was illegal, unless you had a hunting license. 22LR and Shotty was only with hunting lic. 7.62x54R and Mosins were only for government hired hunters.
It relaxed a lot since I left. Still no handguns or supressors.
In the 80s owning an unregistered AK bayo, or a Bowie knife meant 5 years in prison. Not anymore.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Forget what it's technically called but the nickname is the roto rooter virus. Puking and pissing out your ass. Spreads through a family like a wildfire, can't eat nothing and only drink water. It's a virus, have had it twice when i was young
Rotovirus

My kid had it when he was 10 months old. Little dude was spraying vomit like a fountain and blowing out diapers every 30-40 minutes. Wife went down the following morning, then it hit me a day later. It's pretty bad, but the worst I ever got was food poisoning from ground pork in a stuffed pepper. It wasn't cooked all the way through and I was laid out for a week solid.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
It changed a LOT since I left. When I lived there, even Air rifle was illegal, unless you had a hunting license. 22LR and Shotty was only with hunting lic. 7.62x54R and Mosins were only for government hired hunters.
It relaxed a lot since I left. Still no handguns or supressors.
In the 80s owning an unregistered AK bayo, or a Bowie knife meant 5 years in prison. Not anymore.

Damn, that's crazy. Here we are bitching about not being able to import Russian AK's and even the Russians couldn't have them, lol.

At least Russia is going the opposite way in terms of gun laws though. We seem to be in a constant battle to protect what gun rights we have left.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Damn, that's crazy. Here we are bitching about not being able to import Russian AK's and even the Russians couldn't have them, lol.

At least Russia is going the opposite way in terms of gun laws though. We seem to be in a constant battle to protect what gun rights we have left.
VA looks to be getting hairy.