• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Too ugly for me but 499

This is why I bought the field gauge...

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Homework/thread assignments:
Rainbow AK builds: Leadhoof
Ammo Procurement: PB
K98 Stuff: Tedkennedy
Deer Slaying: Karlv
Firefighting/Puberty: Gaigeboyd
Pro-gun radio/double anal fisting: Laufen

Anyone want to volunteer to cover a topic?
I wasn't on the original "Let's be more inclusive" list.....................
So I'll take "who gives a fuck".............I'm an expert on it!

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
They have to replace parts. I don't feel like fabricating something if I don't have to. Especially since if I did fabricate a replacement I have to increase the cost of the firearm in order to maintain profit margins.

Are they charging you to send it in/back? Just read up on it and looks like a majority of ks7 have that feed issue

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I’ve got a buddy who built his AK about 8 years ago from an 80% receiver and a “virgin Yugo parts kit”. He couldn’t get it to headspace consistently, and made a mess of the whole thing. I’ve only seen it once about 7 years ago, he fired it once then threw it in the back of the safe. Apparently he messed up a couple of the rivets in the kit, had to finish it with screws, and the barrel was chambered for something other than x39, plus the company he bought the kit from was out of business by the time he realized, so he had to buy another barrel from elsewhere.
Now his opinion of all AKs is that they never will headspace. He tried his gauge in a few AKs at a shop and had similar results.

Any idea why he’s have these issues? I thought maybe he had a kit that needed a 1.5 mm receiver and he put a 1mm receiver on it, maybe that would be a problem? I asked, and he didn’t know there was a difference.

Try using another Bolt.
The problem with building a 80% Ak is that the Headspace is set by the Barrel being pressed in to the right point and then Drilling and putting the Barrel retaining pin in.
Sometimes these kits were demilled because of this very issue and I why you must always check headspace on a Kit build Period.
If the headspace is off he can set the headspace with a Barrel press and then use a larger barrel pin after redrilling the barrel pin hole as this is the best option.
I had to do this on a few of my builds to get headspace right, YMMV and this is posted for its Entertainment value only.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Too ugly for me but 499

Nodak reciever? It’s a dirty build

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
The problem is that there isn't enough PM to realistically back the USD at this point.
We will need to reset prices. Chop off 2 zeros, at least. Russian did it twice during its 1990s hyperinflation. It is doable.
The issue of several times more "paper" gold circulating than then is physical gold in teh worls is different by realated. Paper investors will burn. Never buy paper PM. If you do not have it in your safe, you do not own it. Most of PM IRAs are scams.
I’ve got a buddy who built his AK about 8 years ago from an 80% receiver and a “virgin Yugo parts kit”. He couldn’t get it to headspace consistently, and made a mess of the whole thing. I’ve only seen it once about 7 years ago, he fired it once then threw it in the back of the safe. Apparently he messed up a couple of the rivets in the kit, had to finish it with screws, and the barrel was chambered for something other than x39, plus the company he bought the kit from was out of business by the time he realized, so he had to buy another barrel from elsewhere.
Now his opinion of all AKs is that they never will headspace. He tried his gauge in a few AKs at a shop and had similar results.

Any idea why he’s have these issues? I thought maybe he had a kit that needed a 1.5 mm receiver and he put a 1mm receiver on it, maybe that would be a problem? I asked, and he didn’t know there was a difference.
Bulged RPK trunnion will not fit into the AKM receiver, not without a major deformation to the receiver. If he did that he screwed up royally. 1.5mm receiver has bulges for the oversized trunnion (except Chinese, they used 1.5mm receivers on their AKM, that's one of the main reasons why Century's Egypt/Sino mutt AKs are such clustershow)
Yugo AKs are different animals and should not be built by novice builders. It is more like building an RPK.
Jugoslavia built rifles in 8mm Mauser too (instead of 7.62x54r), so if he used 8mm barrel, he REALLY F-ed up.
There are multiple things that went wrong.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Homework/thread assignments:
Rainbow AK builds: Leadhoof
Ammo Procurement: PB
K98 Stuff: Tedkennedy
Deer Slaying: Karlv
Firefighting/Puberty: Gaigeboyd
Pro-gun radio/double anal fisting: Laufen

Anyone want to volunteer to cover a topic?
Stupidity and how to write off family members: IDIOT.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
View attachment 62874

There is Brown Bear ammo and Silver Bear ammo. Then there is the Golden Bear ammo. It looks odd. If you are picking it up because it is brass, well it is not brass. :blue:

View attachment 62873

LOL RIF <-----Snarky Comment

Thanks good to know <----Real Comment

Edit: I forgot what site I am on RIF means Reading is Fundamental.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
LOVE the truck!

I sold the truck in 2017. Just a pain to get good replacement parts for it. It was a 1962 model, second '62 I've owned. Went through this one mechanically, it was DD for several years. Still have the kayak, and if you think those pink things are dildos, you might not be a redneck....