• Total voters

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
Aloha Fellas!

To any of you newer to SET folks that I have not formally welcomed...welcome! I truly mean that. Welcome to the community. I can only speak for myself, but I sure don't consider any of the ODT/Former ODT folks to be "new" or junior members in any way. You're all OG to me.

This thread has been fantastic, and a wealth of information. One way to help this extraordinary brain trust to be better utilized by members here, and potential members that read up on the forums occasionally is to start new topic specific threads in other areas to make sure your knowledge and expertise can be utilized by the most folks possible. It is also instrumental in attracting new members and that will absolutely make the community stronger, just as your participation has.

Again, I sure appreciate the content and ideas, but a lot is lost simply because of the volume of posts.

Anyway, one assholes opinion so take it for what it's worth. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

@dougiemac @Hoss @Red Dawn @dial1911 @SouthernSlammed @lesptr @erkinator @Hayata
And so the ceneorship from the "Man" begins LOL

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Its on the ODT ask full retail with a note saying they can get it fixed for free that is a Discount in a site known for retail plus prices. <---- Snarky Answer

Reaility knock 20% off <----- real answer

Don't make me do math in the morning... I'm a Marine...it's best if I don't attempt math at all.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I’ve got a buddy who built his AK about 8 years ago from an 80% receiver and a “virgin Yugo parts kit”. He couldn’t get it to headspace consistently, and made a mess of the whole thing. I’ve only seen it once about 7 years ago, he fired it once then threw it in the back of the safe. Apparently he messed up a couple of the rivets in the kit, had to finish it with screws, and the barrel was chambered for something other than x39, plus the company he bought the kit from was out of business by the time he realized, so he had to buy another barrel from elsewhere.
Now his opinion of all AKs is that they never will headspace. He tried his gauge in a few AKs at a shop and had similar results.

Any idea why he’s have these issues? I thought maybe he had a kit that needed a 1.5 mm receiver and he put a 1mm receiver on it, maybe that would be a problem? I asked, and he didn’t know there was a difference.

I'm doing good just to load and fire my AK.

Hopefully @Jeddak can answer your question.

See how that got buried and no one responded?

:behindsofa:

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Homework/thread assignments:
Rainbow AK builds: Leadhoof
Ammo Procurement: PB
K98 Stuff: Tedkennedy
Deer Slaying: Karlv
Firefighting/Puberty: Gaigeboyd
Pro-gun radio/double anal fisting: Laufen

Anyone want to volunteer to cover a topic?

For Lactose Intolerance I think you need to add @EugenFJR

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I was looking fo rtaht post, and could not find it..

I.D.-ten-T said:
I’ve got a buddy who built his AK about 8 years ago from an 80% receiver and a “virgin Yugo parts kit”. He couldn’t get it to headspace consistently, and made a mess of the whole thing. I’ve only seen it once about 7 years ago, he fired it once then threw it in the back of the safe. Apparently he messed up a couple of the rivets in the kit, had to finish it with screws, and the barrel was chambered for something other than x39, plus the company he bought the kit from was out of business by the time he realized, so he had to buy another barrel from elsewhere.
Now his opinion of all AKs is that they never will headspace. He tried his gauge in a few AKs at a shop and had similar results.

Any idea why he’s have these issues? I thought maybe he had a kit that needed a 1.5 mm receiver and he put a 1mm receiver on it, maybe that would be a problem? I asked, and he didn’t know there was a difference.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks