• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Aloha Fellas!

To any of you newer to SET folks that I have not formally welcomed...welcome! I truly mean that. Welcome to the community. I can only speak for myself, but I sure don't consider any of the ODT/Former ODT folks to be "new" or junior members in any way. You're all OG to me.

This thread has been fantastic, and a wealth of information. One way to help this extraordinary brain trust to be better utilized by members here, and potential members that read up on the forums occasionally is to start new topic specific threads in other areas to make sure your knowledge and expertise can be utilized by the most folks possible. It is also instrumental in attracting new members and that will absolutely make the community stronger, just as your participation has.

Again, I sure appreciate the content and ideas, but a lot is lost simply because of the volume of posts.

Anyway, one assholes opinion so take it for what it's worth. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

@dougiemac @Hoss @Red Dawn @dial1911 @SouthernSlammed @lesptr @erkinator @Hayata

So now we're complaining bc we brought a 23K thread over?

We need to rename the thread "A whole bunch of friends who love AK's, foreign weapons, with a smattering of domestic stuff too, and we also like to bullshit about a little bit of everything, ya know, since we're all friends"

This post is exactly the ODT moderation we left behind. Yeah I said it, but we're all thinking it.

Thanks DanK.

Seriously, I doubt anyone would start a new thread for anything that could be answered here. We ALL know SOMEONE here will have the answer. I mean, instead of posting in here, I could just send out a few text messages and get my answers. I'm all for growing the site, but I don't get email alerts. If I start a new thread, I'll never know when a reply comes in. Same with PM's. I won't list anything here for that reason.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
@Shemp
Thanks but hea damn near out of state...or might as well be

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code

We need to rename the thread "A whole bunch of friends who love AK's, foreign weapons, with a smattering of domestic stuff too, and we also like to bullshit about a little bit of everything, ya know, since we're all friends"

This post is exactly the ODT moderation we left behind. Yeah I said it, but we're all thinking it.

Thanks DanK.

Seriously, I doubt anyone would start a new thread for anything that could be answered here. We ALL know SOMEONE here will have the answer. I mean, instead of posting in here, I could just send out a few text messages and get my answers. I'm all for growing the site, but I don't get email alerts. If I start a new thread, I'll never know when a reply comes in. Same with PM's. I won't list anything here for that reason.

Damn. Who wants email alerts? I check this site and this thread a hell of a lot more than I check my email. And when I come back, I only see content that is new since I last viewed. (Tapatalk user)

And I like @MrsFast306stang more
We’re all thinking it, I just said it.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Damn. Who wants email alerts? I check this site and this thread a hell of a lot more than I check my email. And when I come back, I only see content that is new since I last viewed. (Tapatalk user)

And I like @MrsFast306stang more
We’re all thinking it, I just said it.

If I'm selling something, I'd like a notification alert that I received a PM. Same with any other thread besides this one.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Thanks DanK.

A bit of an overreaction there. I dont know that anyone was thinking it was moderation....especially since nothing got deleted, no one got a time out, or any other sort of action.

And as for @Hayata Question being answered...it wasnt answered immediately because no one knew the answer except one or two guys that didnt see it. Not much of a reason to own AK gauges unless you're building them

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code

Thanks DanK.

No ones complaining don’t be a dick we are not all thinking we left this type ODT moderation behind because @Laufen is not a mod he simply made a suggestion. So all can enjoy the topics of conversation on this site and just a group text environment that gets lost or forgotten.

And by the way you can go to the little person icon u have click it the click preferences and check the boxes so you get email notification if that’s what make you happy.

de98c5d1cb9c37e36f568d86a7d7c2c9.jpg

1c2e0fc3699aa6c5e25fa6ffdaf85f82.jpg

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
A bit of an overreaction there. I dont know that anyone was thinking it was moderation....especially since nothing got deleted, no one got a time out, or any other sort of action.

If they're bitching about thread content, is it a far stretch to think that type of moderation is next?

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
No ones complaining don’t be a dick we are not all thinking we left this type ODT moderation behind because @Laufen is not a mod he simply made a suggestion. So all can enjoy the topics of conversation on this site and just a group text environment that gets lost or forgotten.

Hey it rubbed me the wrong way and he did say he wanted feedback, so he got it. Again, we're all in a heavily posted thread and now ppl are bitching about it.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Hey it rubbed me the wrong way and he did say he wanted feedback, so he got it. Again, we're all in a heavily posted thread and now ppl are bitching about it.

If you think that was bitching dude u need to go eat some snickers ...
he thanked you and payed respect to u by not saying y’all were newbies

Go Back and Read it again after you eat and chill out way overreacting on this drama queen

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
If they're bitching about thread content, is it a far stretch to think that type of moderation is next?
Yes it is, what has been moderated here so far? Nothing. They even let your gore photos get posted with no reprocussions.

I find your comments odd considering you held on to v1 well after most of us left and only reluctantly started posting here

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Yes it is, what has been moderated here so far? Nothing. They even let your gore photos get posted with no reprocussions.

I find your comments odd considering you held on to v1 well after most of us left and only reluctantly started posting here

The post just sounded like what other MODS would have said. So yeah, it kinda got under my skin. And I'm the only one who posted any pics huh?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The post just sounded like what other MODS would have said. So yeah, it kinda got under my skin. And I'm the only one who posted any pics huh?
I dont care what you posted...and rabbit and JDS posted them, one of them at your request. You overreacted, and it's done now.