• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
So I’m working on a BFPU project but don’t wanna sit around with scotch pads and sand paper and CLP.
I’ve been debating Doing it the expedited, but natural way.
Build rifle, put all other rifles aside for 1 year. Only use said rifle for 1 year. No cases, toss into truck often, lay onto concrete at work, loan out rifle to dirt bags, bring out into rain, accidentally leave outside, shower with rifle, dive into random ditches or behind boulders here and there.

i may be a bit too lazy to low-crawl with rifle across gravel danger areas but maybe not

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
So I’m working on a BFPU project but don’t wanna sit around with scotch pads and sand paper and CLP.
Build rifle, put all other rifles aside for 1 year. Only use said rifle for 1 year. No cases, toss into truck often, lay onto concrete at work, loan out rifle to dirt bags, bring out into rain, accidentally leave outside, shower with rifle, dive into random ditches or behind boulders here and there.

i may be a bit too lazy to low-crawl with rifle across gravel danger areas but maybe not
Yeah, I wanted a similar look on my AR308 after I camo-painted it, so I’ve just been very not careful with it for the past couple of years and the paint has worn off nicely in all the right places. Doesn’t look like it’s been drug across Iraq by a SEAL, but it also doesn’t look like it was just painted last week and never used.
Similarly, my AR pistol gets the EDC treatment in a backpack, so it’s got high point wear and scratches, and I think it only looks better as it ages.

My M70AB2 has some wear on it, and scratches from the safety rotating too far up, but I don’t want to BFPU it too much beyond the OG HG set and grip Because it’s parkerized, and that’s not a finish that’s easy to replace.
Also, this way I can swap in any number of furniture sets to change the look radically from ModernMod to BFPU. image.jpg
I just finally got a correct cleaning rod, pistol grip screw and slant brake and put them on!!!!

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

This is a good plan. Enjoy the process!

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Yeah, I wanted a similar look on my AR308 after I camo-painted it, so I’ve just been very not careful with it for the past couple of years and the paint has worn off nicely in all the right places. Doesn’t look like it’s been drug across Iraq by a SEAL, but it also doesn’t look like it was just painted last week and never used.
Similarly, my AR pistol gets the EDC treatment in a backpack, so it’s got high point wear and scratches, and I think it only looks better as it ages.

My M70AB2 has some wear on it, and scratches from the safety rotating too far up, but I don’t want to BFPU it too much beyond the OG HG set and grip Because it’s parkerized, and that’s not a finish that’s easy to replace.
Also, this way I can swap in any number of furniture sets to change the look radically from ModernMod to BFPU. View attachment 62496
I just finally got a correct cleaning rod, pistol grip screw and slant brake and put them on!!!!
Looks good!

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
This whole BFPU thing reminds me of a pawn shop over near Doraville (named after the famous explorer) that had a fairly large inventory of pistols under the glass.
What I couldn’t understand was why they all had a similar type of wear to them, that looked like they been put in a dryer with a handful of gravel.
Then I happened to be there at closing one day, and I found out the reason.
Inside the case, 20 or so guns would be laying on a towel. Dipshit behind the counter would grab both ends of towel and drag all of the guns out and dump the whole assembly into a tote bin, then get the next batch and toss them on top until bin was full. Rinse, repeat.
I was stunned.
Some of those guns had actually been nice beforehand, but after even a week of that they were trashed - but the prices never went down. Stupid.

Last edited:

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
This whole BFPU thing reminds me of a pawn shop over near Doraville (named after the famous explorer) that had a fairly large inventory of pistols under the glass.
What I couldn’t understand was why they all had a similar type of wear to them, that looked like they been put in a dryer with a handful of gravel.
Then I happened to be there at closing one day, and I found out the reason.
Inside the case, 20 or so guns would be laying on a towel. Dipshit behind the counter would grab both ends of towel and dragall of the guns out and dump the whole assembly into a tote bin, then get the next batch and toss them on top until bin was full. Rinse, repeat.
I was stunned.
Some of those guns had actually been nice beforehand, but after even a week of that they were trashed - but the prices never went down. Stupid.

I stopped by outdoor depot in Gainesville. Extremely cramped store. They had hundreds of guns in a case designed for far fewer. Just a turn off in general. Guns had to clang into each other all day long. Amazing how bad some can be at something so basic.