• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
The C308 got a bad rap from the century imports ~10 years ago or so. They were hit or miss. The newer C308's are good to go in my experience. The newer ones (produced in the last ~3-4 years and with the muzzle brake like shown below) were actually assembled by PTR and used some PTR parts from what my experience and understanding is.

View attachment 62456
I’ll tell this story for the last time, I promise:

A buddy of mine won a raffle for a gun - pick out of a list. He asked me what to get and I suggested the C308 instead of a 10/22 or a Glocky-puck.
After it arrived he promptly handed it to me to break in and figure it out, since he’s not much of a gun guy.
I took it apart, and cleaned what appeared to be a crapload of grit and sand out of the action and charging tube. Reassembled the thing, took it to the range, and warmed it up. To say it was rough was an understatement.
Accuracy was nearly impossible due to the wretchedness of the trigger and sights. I’ve dealt with sub-par weapons before (used to CCW a CZ-52 and a H&R .32 revolver), and I’ve also learned how to achieve hits at 500 on bowling pins with an AR 308 I built from an 80%, but this C308 just couldn’t group.

I even handed it off to a group of Cobb County cops who were there with their fun guns (one guy was fiddling with his SMLE and getting hits on my bowling pins) and they had similar results.

So, given my ONE experience with the C308, I’m going to arrogantly decree that they’re all trash and if you had a good one, it was a misidentified FAL :wink:

Sounds like I should go to work for Sootch now...

Last edited:

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Based on the above statements I'd like to make a motion to remove @Jeddak's name from the official KK club roster.

Second?
KK rules are 11 mags per rifle. I have exeeded that rule by 150%. I am in good standing with the club. I almost broke my back putting one of my AK mag totes back on the shelf. AR tote was not much lighter.
Even Lancers weigh a ton when you put almost 100 of them in one box.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Damn I want one of those DW Heirlooms.

Bro? That's so ugly it's still ugly.

19e_DW-Heirloom2020-L-1200px-900x606.png

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
I’ll tell this story for the l

I’ll tell this story for the last time, promise:

A buddy of mine won a raffle for a gun - pick out of a list. He asked me what to get and I suggested the C308 instead of a 10/22 or a Glocky-puck.
After it arrived he promptly handed it to me to break in and figure it out, since he’s not much of a gun guy.
I took it apart, and cleaned what appeared to be a crapload of grit and sand out of the action and charging tube. Reassembled the thing, took it to the range, and warmed it up. To say it was rough was an understatement.
Accuracy was nearly impossible due to the wretchedness of the trigger and sights. I’ve dealt with sub-par weapons before (used to CCW a CZ-52 and a H&R .32 revolver), and I’ve also learned how to achieve hits at 500 on bowling pins with an AR 308 I built from an 80%, but this C308 just couldn’t group.

I even handed it off to a group of Cobb County cops who were there with their gun guns (one guy was fiddling with his SMLE and getting hits on my bowling pins) and they had similar results.

So, given my ONE experience with the C308, I’m going to arrogantly decree that they’re all trash and if you had a good one, it was a misidentified FAL :wink:

I had a C308. It wasn't bad but I had a chance to sell it for what I had in it and get the PTR instead. The PTR definitely had a better build quality. They were giving away the C308 for something like $400-450 not much more than a year ago.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I’ll tell this story for the l

I’ll tell this story for the last time, promise:

I even handed it off to a group of Cobb County cops who were there with their gun guns (one guy was fiddling with his SMLE and getting hits on my bowling pins) and they had similar results.

This is an accurate representation of my own experience. I solved the wretched sight problem (irons were unusable) with a red dot. Groupings were actually pretty good, but I couldn't make it through a magazine without a couple FTFs.
PTR might cost twice as much, but it is literally twice as good, if not more.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
KK rules are 11 mags per rifle. I have exeeded that rule by 150%. I am in good standing with the club. I almost broke my back putting one of my AK mag totes back on the shelf. AR tote was not much lighter.
Even Lancers weigh a ton when you put almost 100 of them in one box.
You obviously need more guns