Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
if I had to rank my favorite lights right now from my personal use it’d probably be

surefire/mod light
Streamlight
Inforce
Cloud defense OWL

I’ve been in a weapon light buying kinda mood lately

Man, a buddy of mine has a ModLite OKW and a PLH and HOLY SHIT. That OKW is crazy bright. It's "only" ~700 lumens but the candela rating on that thing is something crazy like 75,000 candela or something like that. People tend to only look at the lumen rating on torches and completely overlook candela ratings. I was one of those people too, until I played with that OKW.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Man, a buddy of mine has a ModLite OKW and a PLH and HOLY SHIT. That OKW is crazy bright. It's "only" ~700 lumens but the candela rating on that thing is something crazy like 75,000 candela or something like that. People tend to only look at the lumen rating on torches and completely overlook candela ratings. I was one of those people too, until I played with that OKW.
Yessir that’s exactly right, I’m an electrician now that I’m out and learned all about lumens, Temperature colors, candelas, diodes etc. candelthat’s what started to turn me into a flash light snob and now I’m just wanting nicer and nicer lights lol.

I really want a Modlite for my straight up work rifle but I’ve also been digging on the OWL from cloud for awhile. Tried a buddies out at the shop (second job at local gun store) and liked it.

One of the only lights pushing that 3000 kelvin temperature. I wasn’t mad at it, they claim it’s more sensitive on your eyes I can believe it.

I really really liked its construction, built in switch, and the fact that every piece of it is an individually sealed unit. It’s freaking rated for 200 feet of continuous submersion for 24 hours lol.

cons obviously it’s BIg AF and it’s a wee bit heavy. You’re limited on where you can mount it on your rail only have so many options.

I was gonna get myself one for Christmas but I think I’m gonna Hunt a used one since they’re so tough let it be beat up

6517DC19-B52A-4BE4-9BFA-311C1849E965.jpeg AE973984-04D0-4A29-B678-65EC9AB9B543.jpeg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Yessir that’s exactly right, I’m an electrician now that I’m out and learned all about lumens, Temperature colors, candelas, diodes etc. candelthat’s what started to turn me into a flash light snob and now I’m just wanting nicer and nicer lights lol.

I really want a Modlite for my straight up work rifle but I’ve also been digging on the OWL from cloud for awhile. Tried a buddies out at the shop (second job at local gun store) and liked it.

One of the only lights pushing that 3000 kelvin temperature. I wasn’t mad at it, they claim it’s more sensitive on your eyes I can believe it.

I really really liked its construction, built in switch, and the fact that every piece of it is an individually sealed unit. It’s freaking rated for 200 feet of continuous submersion for 24 hours lol.

cons obviously it’s BIg AF and it’s a wee bit heavy. You’re limited on where you can mount it on your rail only have so many options.

I was gonna get myself one for Christmas but I think I’m gonna Hunt a used one since they’re so tough let it be beat up

View attachment 62322 View attachment 62323

I've never played with an OWL but I've watched/read a bunch of reviews on them and everyone seems to have the same thoughts on them that you just stated. I really haven't found anyone having any major complaints about them other than the size/weight and the mounting options like you said, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons IMO. It definitely wouldn't be the ideal light for a short 300blk pistol/SBR, but definitely doable on say a basic 11.5" gun with a 10" rail if you don't need/want a ton of other crap mounted on your rail.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space