karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I take it back. 1911’s aren’t the worst handgun, only cause I forgot about XD’s

Side note: all I’m saying is completely joking and in good fun, please don’t everyone get butthurt like on ODT

No caveats needed. Especially when fucking with me. I take it good like @Laufen 's mom.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
The only Kimber i ever owned was a Custon II, all black not the two tone carbon/stainless, the bottom of the Kimber barrel in 1911s. I bought it used, like heavily used, and it was not much to look at. BUT....it was, and still is to this day the most reliable 1911 I have owned. I had some flying ashtray hollow point ammo that was problematic in my SA and Colt 1911s. I had set it aside to shoot in my S&W 1917 revolver because it was so unreliable in my 1911s...constant failure to feed issues. That worn out Kimber would feed and fire that ammo and anything else I fed it all day long. It really amazed me. I sold it for $500, lol.....story of my life. Maybe I had the only reliable Kimber ever made, who knows?
Not the only one. The 1911 I kept when I had to sell all my guns when is a Kimber classic custom ( the predecessor to the Custom II). Had it 20+ years. No problems. Eats whatever I feed it. Knew I couldn't get much cash for it because limbers get trashed on the interwebs & the finish is crap. On the flip side I had a Kimber officer size that was picky as hell about ammo, the weather, the day of the week, etc.

I actually swore off the officer size because the little Colt I bought to replace the little Kimber was incredibly ammo picky too. Since then I have stuck with Commanders or full size 1911s. YMMV

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
The only 1911 we owned was a Ruger. My dad loves that gun and shot the hell out of it. I need to get one. Probably just a rock island. I won’t carry it. Just need it to work at the range. I like full size 1911s

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
My apologies. I recant my former statement. Honestly anyone who wastes that kind of money on such an awful firearm deserves every problem it has

I stopped counting at 10,000 rounds on the Kimber I posted above about 5 years ago and never a malfunction that wasn't ammo or magazine related. Although, it's a TLE II and most people who really know 1911's well will tell you that those are the only Kimbers worth owning.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Not the only one. The 1911 I kept when I had to sell all my guns when is a Kimber classic custom ( the predecessor to the Custom II). Had it 20+ years. No problems. Eats whatever I feed it. Knew I couldn't get much cash for it because limbers get trashed on the interwebs & the finish is crap. On the flip side I had a Kimber officer size that was picky as hell about ammo, the weather, the day of the week, etc.

I actually swore off the officer size because the little Colt I bought to replace the little Kimber was incredibly ammo picky too. Since then I have stuck with Commanders or full size 1911s. YMMV

Your Kimber officer probably wasn't picky bc it was a Kimber. Officer 1911s are known to be finicky. I've had 3. The V10, a Para Expert Carry, and the ECO. The ECO was the only one to run right, 100 percent. I did have a Kimber Tactical Ultra but I can't comment on it since I never shot it...

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Worst handgun I ever owned was a Sig Mosquito. Second worst Taurus TCP .380. Third worst was the RIA 1911 only because it was so picky with mags.

Reactions: 3x

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Your Kimber officer probably wasn't picky bc it was a Kimber. Officer 1911s are known to be finicky. I've had 3. The V10, a Para Expert Carry, and the ECO. The ECO was the only one to run right, 100 percent. I did have a Kimber Tactical Ultra but I can't comment on it since I never shot it...

Loved my ECO. Another one I wish I didn't get rid of. Traded it for a 10mm CBOB though so it was kinda worth it I guess.

Screenshot_20191224-163110_Samsung Internet.jpg