Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

American Revival Apparel Company

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
You can hear the hang up when the intake is open (air box removed) it could just be one valve or it could be the valves and piston rings, my mechanic said it’d be better to just get a new motor because even if you fix the upper the lower could be fucked or soon to be fucked and then you are really down shits creek.
Spark plugs are old, gas I’m not sure. It starts right up and idles every time. Doesn’t smoke, just has a intermittent tick and the back firing. I thought maybe it was the timing causing backfire but it looks to be sticky valves.
Sea foam the fuck out of it?

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Well, today's the day. Getting put under for surgery.

If these mother fuckers kill me, @Fast306stang is in charge of selling my guns. $400 glocks, $425 CZs, bolt guns and optics on a case by case basis. Ammo and accessories at 75% of market price.

Here’s hoping, hoping, hopi…

Relax. You’ll be fine.

Get well soon.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Well, today's the day. Getting put under for surgery.

If these mother fuckers kill me, @Fast306stang is in charge of selling my guns. $400 glocks, $425 CZs, bolt guns and optics on a case by case basis. Ammo and accessories at 75% of market price.
We're praying for a straightforward, successful op & quick, full recovery. Please keep us updated.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Any PEA cleaning brands you’d recommend? Not sure what a MMO Soak is

1st choice Liqui Moly Valve clean
2nd choice Gumout High mileage or Techron. Make sure that you use enough cleaner for your size tank.

MMO soak:
Pull out the spark plugs. Put about an ounce of MMO in each cylinder. Cover the holes with rags or put plugs back in loosely, just to keep crud out of the engine. Leave MMO in overnight.
Next day pull the plugs back out and cover the holes with a heavy towel/rag. Turn engine over by hand. MMO will shoot out of the plug holes. Do it a few times. Put plugs in, start the engine. @dial1911 Am I forgetting anything?

If you are not at the max fill line on the dipstick, add MMO to your oil and drive a 100 miles. MMO is a gentle cleaner, It will lower viscosity of your oil, but not by much. IIRC it is about 20w viscosity. MMO in the oil will clean the lower motor end.

Change oil. I would using a high mileage oil or better yet, add LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver to regular oil.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Any PEA cleaning brands you’d recommend? Not sure what a MMO Soak is
I like Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubrication & Injector Cleaner or Red Line SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner. (Personal preference, no scientific data. Maybe just because Lucas & Red Line products have been around my whole life.) SeaFoam in the crankcase oil. MMO is Marvel Mystery Oil, as @dial1911 said.
DSC07931.jpg

Basically, you put an ounce or so of Marvel Mystery Oil in each of the spark plug holes and let it sit over night. The next day you crank the engine without the spark plugs to get out the excess oil, reinstall the spark plugs and then let the car run and burn off the remaining oil.

Might not fix everything but as @Miles said, not much $$$ for cleaners & a little time is all you're investing. I`m not a real mechanic, so take this for what it is worth, but sometimes , like with firearms, cleaning can fix lot of issues.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
1st choice Liqui Moly Valve clean
2nd choice Gumout High mileage or Techron. Make sure that you use enough cleaner for your size tank.

MMO soak:
Pull out the spark plugs. Put about an ounce of MMO in each cylinder. Cover the holes with rags or put plugs back in loosely, just to keep crud out of the engine. Leave MMO in overnight.
Next day pull the plugs back out and cover the holes with a heavy towel/rag. Turn engine over by hand. MMO will shoot out of the plug holes. Do it a few times. Put plugs in, start the engine. @dial1911 Am I forgetting anything?

If you are not at the max fill line on the dipstick, add MMO to your oil and drive a 100 miles. MMO is a gentle cleaner, It will lower viscosity of your oil, but not by much. IIRC it is about 20w viscosity. MMO in the oil will clean the lower motor end.

Change oil. I would using a high mileage oil or better yet, add LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver to regular oil.
@Miles beat me to it.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
$1600 saiga @Red Squirrel 556

Yes I heart eyed it this morning I think lol.