Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Faktory 47

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
What exactly are your symptoms, besides backfiring?

Running hot? Coolant in oil? Missing (sounds like the timing was fixed)?

I'd pop a valve cover open and see how it looks in there. Did it have new spark plugs? Old gas?
You can hear the hang up when the intake is open (air box removed) it could just be one valve or it could be the valves and piston rings, my mechanic said it’d be better to just get a new motor because even if you fix the upper the lower could be fucked or soon to be fucked and then you are really down shits creek.
Spark plugs are old, gas I’m not sure. It starts right up and idles every time. Doesn’t smoke, just has a intermittent tick and the back firing. I thought maybe it was the timing causing backfire but it looks to be sticky valves.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
You can hear the hang up when the intake is open (air box removed) it could just be one valve or it could be the valves and piston rings, my mechanic said it’d be better to just get a new motor because even if you fix the upper the lower could be fucked or soon to be fucked and then you are really down shits creek.
Spark plugs are old, gas I’m not sure. It starts right up and idles every time. Doesn’t smoke, just has a intermittent tick and the back firing. I thought maybe it was the timing causing backfire but it looks to be sticky valves.
Use a PEA cleaner and Seafoam for the sticky valves. Do MMO soak for the piston rings. $50 worth of cleaners.
Then change oil and spark plugs.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

If it idles smooth, doesn't smoke, and doesn't run hot or mix the coolant and oil, you DO NOT need a new engine.

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Well, today's the day. Getting put under for surgery.

If these mother fuckers kill me, @Fast306stang is in charge of selling my guns. $400 glocks, $425 CZs, bolt guns and optics on a case by case basis. Ammo and accessories at 75% of market price.
Well, as much as I enjoy a good deal, I hope these deals don't come through bud
d27dd13c-d58e-4fee-9547-af57ab5d7dc7_84145318879202.gif

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
$1600 saiga @Red Squirrel 556