Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Part of why I decided to sell. I was running out of room for stuff.

But now I need a new hobby. I will have a lot of free time and money now. I could pretend I'm a P.I. and stalk Mean Doriarty all day

View attachment 133603
Your new hobby should be carpentry, and it just so happens I'm giving free lessons every day!

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I’d say it’s 1/2 dry wall.
I went by this technical data sheet, said 200 lbs is the tensile/sheer strength, take 1/4 of that and that’s your safe load strength

Also:
View attachment 133607

Yeah...

I won't bore everybody with the details, but there's a bit more to it than that. That's likely a pure shear load (i.e. vertical only load). It changes a LOT when you combine the tension and shear loads. Real world, there's always some tension.

Let's just say it's a lot easier to pull a screw out of sheetrock than to pull that screw straight down the wall.

Regardless, it's probably fine.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Yeah...

I won't bore everybody with the details, but there's a bit more to it than that. That's likely a pure shear load (i.e. vertical only load). It changes a LOT when you combine the tension and shear loads. Real world, there's always some tension.

Let's just say it's a lot easier to pull a screw out of sheetrock than to pull that screw straight down the wall.

Regardless, it's probably fine.
Alright, yeah I mean I was just goin off that data sheet. Said 200 for tensile and 205 for sheer. So i figured it was gtg

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Alright, yeah I mean I was just goin off that data sheet. Said 200 for tensile and 205 for sheer. So i figured it was gtg

Yeah, it's probably fine.

The actual formula is to ratio the actual tensile to the safe tensile and add the ratio of actual shear to the safe shear. So long as that number is less than 1, it's fine.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Part of why I decided to sell. I was running out of room for stuff.

But now I need a new hobby. I will have a lot of free time and money now. I could pretend I'm a P.I. and stalk Mean Doriarty all day

View attachment 133603

There's always wood work ;) but you garage will get really dirty.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Get on my fucking level

you guys think 2 butterfly 1/8 toggle bolt anchors are good for this mount? Kinda sketchy mounting to drywall but I had no other ch View attachment 133606

Nah man those hook things you jab in there and turn around backwards are the way. I hung a tapestry on a movie set with those and I swear that thing weighed 80lbs....