Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Oddly, this is the reason I’ve been told for some of my old friends to vote Democrat.
Specifically, they were Jewish, and felt that the Dems taking more money for ‘social programs’ was more in line with their religious views of taking care of others.
I tried pointing out the fallacy of the logic - in that they also take more of our freedoms, including the option to defend ourselves that became unfortunately desperately needed (by their recent ancestors in particular in the 30’s and 40’s).
Didn’t make an impression at all. Not a dent.
Ask them which Torah verse compels religion, thus forcing their ideology onto you...then ask them which part of the constitution says we should have laws based on their silly book...

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I think there are two groups of people in this world: those who want to tell other how to live their lives and those who just want to be left alone.
I think there are two types of people:

Those who can extrapolate conclusions from incomplete data.

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
The problem I have with these arguments is most people wouldn’t be charitable if left the option. Granted I don’t condone state coercion to enforce a tax, this idea that people will be good if left to their own devices is a complete fallacy.
I would 'like' to think enough people would, if government wasn't doing it for them. Even before the "welfare state", Scrooge was seen as a anomaly.

If taxes have to be collected for necessary expenses, and some of those expenses are "charitable" causes, then I have no problem with tax credits for choosing your own charitable donations.

The further things keep going, the more I feel I'm closing in on the Heinlein character who described himself as a "practical anarchist".
Anarchist - he believed government is not necessary, and we should live our own lives.
Practical - he understood he has to live among others who believe differently, so he would always argue for the absolutely minimal government necessary for the specified needs.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Ask them which Torah verse compels religion, thus forcing their ideology onto you...then ask them which part of the constitution says we should have laws based on their silly book...
Very true.

Please understand - I’m NOT saying they’re bad people, and the religion makes no difference other than as a detail in the story. I’m sure there are Catholics and Baptists, among others, that feel the same way. But Baptists haven’t been systematically gathered and murdered after having been stripped of their ability to defend themselves- at least not in the last 100 years. Before that, yes. Same for other religions.
The point is that they failed to see the correlation because they’ve been blinded by the idea that in order to be a good person you shouldn’t stand up for yourself. This is a fallacy.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I would 'like' to think enough people would, if government wasn't doing it for them. Even before the "welfare state", Scrooge was seen as a anomaly.

If taxes have to be collected for necessary expenses, and some of those expenses are "charitable" causes, then I have no problem with tax credits for choosing your own charitable donations.

The further things keep going, the more I feel I'm closing in on the Heinlein character who described himself as a "practical anarchist".
Anarchist - he believed government is not necessary, and we should live our own lives.
Practical - he understood he has to live among others who believe differently, so he would always argue for the absolutely minimal government necessary for the specified needs.
I heard a nice quote recently, but can’t recall who said it:

“Government is like a fire.
You want it to be big enough to keep you warm, but not so big that it burns everything.”