Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
Well guys, I was the idiot today. Went to disconnect the lines for the washing machine at the apartment because I had to turn the keys in today and when I moved everything else out I didn't have any pliers with me. Went to turn the fitting and snapped the PVC hookup and it was spewing water. Of course the shutoff valve for the water was in the LOCKED AC closet. Took maintenance 5 minutes at least to get there. It flooded my apartment and the 2 apartments below us. I don't really feel bad for the douchebags on the 2nd floor but I feel awful for the old lady on the 1st floor.
You and water don't mix.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Can't believe the shutoffs weren't in the outlet box like normal

The shutoffs were in the outlet box. I snapped it below that. Had to turn all the water off. Apparently according to the maintenance man and the lady on the 1st floor this isn't the first time. Those pipes are old and brittle. The maintenance man said that the office should have told us that we should disconnect the lines from the washer and then have maintenance disconnect it from the wall, but of course they didn't. Luckily I have renters insurance but now I have to deal with all of that shit. I was so ready just to be done with that place.

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Well guys, I was the idiot today. Went to disconnect the lines for the washing machine at the apartment because I had to turn the keys in today and when I moved everything else out I didn't have any pliers with me. Went to turn the fitting and snapped the PVC hookup and it was spewing water. Of course the shutoff valve for the water was in the LOCKED AC closet. Took maintenance 5 minutes at least to get there. It flooded my apartment and the 2 apartments below us. I don't really feel bad for the douchebags on the 2nd floor but I feel awful for the old lady on the 1st floor.
BadJuJuJake

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
The shutoffs were in the outlet box. I snapped it below that. Had to turn all the water off. Apparently according to the maintenance man and the lady on the 1st floor this isn't the first time. Those pipes are old and brittle. The maintenance man said that the office should have told us that we should disconnect the lines from the washer and then have maintenance disconnect it from the wall, but of course they didn't. Luckily I have renters insurance but now I have to deal with all of that shit. I was so ready just to be done with that place.
Next up, you'll be pulling out of your driveway and get t-boned in your truck by some chick on a cell phone.

I swear that you have the worst luck of anyone I know!! GodSpeed, sir!! I'm gonna be praying for ya, lol

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Dude you have a black cloud following you, do something to change your luck

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
FYI for those of you that don't venture outside of this thread....