Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

GA Firing Line

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
My grandfather handed me an 1897 winchester when i was 7 yo and said the first rabbit that jumps up and you kill it this gun is yours , 2 people down the row of hunters yell rabbit , i cocked the hammer and killed it before they even got there gun up, im still the proud owner of that old shotgun
I read this as you were 7 in 1897.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
My grandfather handed me an 1897 winchester when i was 7 yo and said the first rabbit that jumps up and you kill it this gun is yours , 2 people down the row of hunters yell rabbit , i cocked the hammer and killed it before they even got there gun up, im still the proud owner of that old shotgun

That’s awesome.
I took a hunter’s safety course with dad and my brother when I was 9 or 10.
During the live fire portion, the instructor asked for a volunteer to shoot his 308 at a gallon milk jug of water to demonstrate the effects. My hand went up, I’m not sure how or why, but it went up. I couldn’t even find the jug looking through the scope and had to get assistance to find it. I could hear the other dads snickering and betting that I would miss. I didn’t miss and I can clearly remember watching the jug explode. He didn’t let me keep his rifle though.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I agree with @KhyberPass

Semi auto RPKs are dumb AF
Yes.
Bolt action, lever action, and revolver RPKs are much better.
But seriously, long barrel 7.62x39 RPKs make no sense, there’s hardly any gain in velocity or accuracy over the standard 16” barrel
There is a noticeable difference in velocity, range and accuracy in other calibers like 5.56, 5.45x39, 6.5grendel, 7.62x54r, 30.06, and 7.62x51

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
the only argument I can see against the RPK is semi-automatic and select fire since the whole purpose of the RPK was to take the belt-fed RPD out of service and replace it with a part-swap compatible, easier maintainable, more reliable squad automatic weapon

having owned an RPD I can say it will
1. Shake every screw loose no matter what you do to it
2. More complex than needed to create sustained fire using an intermediate cartridge like the 7.62x39
3. Heavier than needed
4. Maintenance and services more difficult
5. Had to run belts and therefor needed an ammo-bearer

the RPK made so much more sense running standard magazines, 75 round drums, and having the ability to swap probably 70% of its components with an AKM.

in some areas it out performs the M249, mostly in its reliability, both overall and especially using magazines (anyone who’s shot a M249 SAW with an AR mag in the side mag well knows it’s absolutely worthless)

the added barrel length and weight may not be worth its advantages (slight velocity increase, longer sight picture, less time over heating etc)

but we buy RPKs because they’re cool AF