The great caliber debate (cuz everyone has it)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I learned all I need to know about bullets from Sir Mixalot. There's only one gun you need: "44 Mag Automatic Chrome, mercury tipped bullets melt the dome!"

Reactions: Shemp

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
Love 45 but have been carrying a 9mm lately. I realized my dick is big enough that I don't care what other people think of my choice of carry. The 9is small enough to give me more options on how I carry. This transitions into to me carrying more. A 9mm in the pocket is a lot better than a 45 on the night stand.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I carry the mighty .380 ACP. Some say it's sufficient for large African game when loaded with RIP.

Reactions: Balthaz and Shemp

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I carry the mighty .380 ACP. Some say it's sufficient for large African game when loaded with RIP.
3ab.png

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Honestly, I think the connected world has melted our ability recognize similarity as most of the focus is on an inconsequential difference in weight and velocity. The internet has made ranking "things" and crowning champions into a national past time. Just simply think about the bullet for what it is, without all of the descriptors of speed/weight etc. It's a chunk of hi-tech metals flying though the air fast enough to kill a person quickly. That even applies to the lowly .22lr. That alone meets 99.5% of my criteria for choosing a round for sd. We can argue the differences, but the only real value in that is the fun in arguing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shemp

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
Honestly, I think the connected world has melted our recognize similarity as most of the focus is on an inconsequential difference in weight and velocity. The internet has made ranking "things" and crowning champions into a national past time. Just simply think about the bullet for what it is, without all of the descriptors of speed/weight etc. It's a chunk of hi-tech metals flying though the air fast enough to kill a person quickly. That even applies to the lowly .22lr. That alone meets 99.5% of my criteria for choosing a round for sd. We can argue the differences, but the only real value in that is the fun in arguing.
No one cares about logic

Reactions: Shemp and Laufen

rax_wall

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
I was die hard .45, now I own 3 9mm and no .45! But I'm in the hunt for another....feel nakey without a .45 laying around.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
As much as I am dedicated to the .45 ACP, it is becoming increasingly difficult to argue against the merits of 9mm...especially now in light of +P+ loadings, double stack magazines, and polymer-framed pistols. Give the same size and weight, I can carry 8 rounds of .45 or as much as 20 rounds of 9mm.

I carry an XDs in .45 but would not carry one in 9mm. I would, however, carry a Glock 17 way before I would carry a 1911 in .45.

Yeah the VP9 is really growing on me as a carry gun...but my USP45 is capable of using 45 SUPER...i have been contemplating getting a box of that for carry purposes

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Honestly, I think the connected world has melted our ability recognize similarity as most of the focus is on an inconsequential difference in weight and velocity. The internet has made ranking "things" and crowning champions into a national past time. Just simply think about the bullet for what it is, without all of the descriptors of speed/weight etc. It's a chunk of hi-tech metals flying though the air fast enough to kill a person quickly. That even applies to the lowly .22lr. That alone meets 99.5% of my criteria for choosing a round for sd. We can argue the differences, but the only real value in that is the fun in arguing.
the 22L has ballistics similar to any fmj in any caliber( smaller than 45)..wound channel and permanent wound cavity all can be compared with the lowly 22L..Its clear that hollow points of good quality have more devastating effect on permanent stretch cavity in anything with 800fps or more MV

Last edited:

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Isn't rip ammo a fragmented as opposed to a solid projectile?

I think I would rather have a solid piece than 10,000 maniacs

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Isn't rip ammo a fragmented as opposed to a solid projectile?

I think I would rather have a solid piece than 10,000 maniacs
yes and it breaks up to early..the hipe was it rips inards part..the true is small cuts and a shallow wound cavity trough FBI standard three layer denim

Reactions: rOmiLaYu