The great caliber debate (cuz everyone has it)

GA Firing Line

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Love you

Need my brony on my team
brohoof.jpg

Reactions: madHatter and Shemp

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
So... 9mm is superior is what I just read
As much as I am dedicated to the .45 ACP, it is becoming increasingly difficult to argue against the merits of 9mm...especially now in light of +P+ loadings, double stack magazines, and polymer-framed pistols. Give the same size and weight, I can carry 8 rounds of .45 or as much as 20 rounds of 9mm.

I carry an XDs in .45 but would not carry one in 9mm. I would, however, carry a Glock 17 way before I would carry a 1911 in .45.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
As much as I am dedicated to the .45 ACP, it is becoming increasingly difficult to argue against the merits of 9mm...especially now in light of +P+ loadings, double stack magazines, and polymer-framed pistols. Give the same size and weight, I can carry 8 rounds of .45 or as much as 20 rounds of 9mm.

I carry an XDs in .45 but would not carry one in 9mm. I would, however, carry a Glock 17 way before I would carry a 1911 in .45.
This is the response that has been needed!

Now we can close thread.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
This is the response that has been needed!

Now we can close thread.
You really can...the rest is all just mental machiso masturbation. When you look at it objectively you really only have three calibers that are personally and commercially viable for self defense and carry. 9mm, .40, and .45. .40 is out right off the top because A) It's rounds limited against the 9mm without much additional benefit, B) it's not as powerful as .45 so if I'm going to be rounds limited, I want them to count, and C) ghey. You can carry more 9mm in the same form factor than you can .45; so you have a choice to make. Firepower or stopping power....and since stopping power is somewhat of a misnomer, the argument has become increasingly difficult. A 9mm to the CNS will kill someone just as dead as .45 or a .50BMG....in fact, you could even make the argument that a .45 helps the poorer shooter as it does more damage in areas that are not lethal, therefore giving the inaccurate shooter an advantage whereas the accurate shooter only needs the 9mm.

Use the tool that is necessary for the job. I love hammers...but when I need need a screwdriver, I'm not going beat my chest and yell about how much better my hammer can do its job.