• Total voters

gasouthsiderevolver

Woodsman
Kalash Klub
Feb 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Zip code
Had a job interview today. Stressful. No idea how I did

I’m sure you did fine bud. The position I just got I felt like I bombed the interview after the panel shot multiple IT, PM and Sys Admin questions at me and crickets after the interview. Then 8 or so weeks later called me with an offer. Said they wanted to reach out earlier but, government speed. Other interviews I felt I nailed and everyone was smiling and shaking my hand afterwards got an email saying they went another direction. I’m in my mid 40’s and this was the first time in my life I really had to interview in IT. All other times I was promoted from somewhere else or was brought on full time from contractor status. Wishing you the best of luck my friend!!!

Jan 15, 2018
Gwinnett
Zip code
I’m sure you did fine bud. The position I just got I felt like I bombed the interview after the panel shot multiple IT, PM and Sys Admin questions at me and crickets after the interview. Then 8 or so weeks later called me with an offer. Said they wanted to reach out earlier but, government speed. Other interviews I felt I nailed and everyone was smiling and shaking my hand afterwards got an email saying they went another direction. I’m in my mid 40’s and this was the first time in my life I really had to interview in IT. All other times I was promoted from somewhere else or was brought on full time from contractor status. Wishing you the best of luck my friend!!!

Morning comrades, I must have it easy every job I have ever applied for I received a offer. However, I'm not in field that requires a brain just a good skill set.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Thanks man I appreciate it.
I slept zero last night - my head was spinning, thinking about everything that I said, how I answered questions, and what I didn't say. It's what I didn't say that drove me crazy. I spent the better part of the afternoon interviewing with four people in different time frames, so each went totally differently.
It's been 2 years since I last interviewed anywhere, so this was one hell of a way to shake off the rust. What's really eating me is that I really want this job. The pay is great, it's the type of work I enjoy doing, and it's dealing with more sophisticated clients.

My field is ultra competitive. I remember doing hundreds of applications. It was insane.

Silver lining behind all of this is that I may have an opportunity to go permanent with the State. It's a different area of practice and type of practice though.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Interesting read on 7.62x39 ammo and barrel length.
Test stopped at 16.5", though. Wish it would have gone down to 8.5"
Check out a site called “ballistics by the inch”. They cut an inch off a barrel and fire it, then cut another inch until there’s nothing left.

Augustatrader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Augusta
I slept zero last night - my head was spinning, thinking about everything that I said, how I answered questions, and what I didn't say. It's what I didn't say that drove me crazy. I spent the better part of the afternoon interviewing with four people in different time frames, so each went totally differently.
It's been 2 years since I last interviewed anywhere, so this was one hell of a way to shake off the rust. What's really eating me is that I really want this job. The pay is great, it's the type of work I enjoy doing, and it's dealing with more sophisticated clients.

My field is ultra competitive. I remember doing hundreds of applications. It was insane.

Silver lining behind all of this is that I may have an opportunity to go permanent with the State. It's a different area of practice and type of practice though.
As long as you didn't show up in this classic outfit, you'll be fine!

1571747066480.png

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter

You got it brother. If they don’t hire you, they’re missing out on a good hire. What’s done, is done. Don’t worry yourself sleepless about it. Write it down and do it next time. This is how I got through all my interviews. I was turned down at least 40 times without even interviewing but every job I’ve had a in person interview I’ve got hired.