Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Show me one time they rallied behind a white guy shot by a Black cop... Yea, thats what I thought, "black lives matter" is clearly a one way street, blacks against the police, mainly white cops. Never mind that the Cops were cleared of the shooting despite overwhelming media bias against them.
That's not the point of the movement. Yeah, white guys getting shot by a black cop probably isn't a systemic issue. The point is the pervasive racial inequality in law enforcement, not the anomaly.

Show me one time an pro-life advocate rallied behind anti-death penalty protesters.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Plenty of these people bristle when people say that all lives matter, isn't that childish?

These people need a leader, time for you to step up and pretend to be black.
It might be. If you were protesting at a pro-life movement and pushing for rights for unborn babies, would it seem a bit ridiculous to be ridiculed for not simultaneously pushing for rights of the elderly? Does being pro-life make you anti-elderly, or can you simply shed light on an issue that is important to you without having to draw a comparison?

Blackrifler42

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
My wife and I thought about doing one of those zip lines in in Costa Rica (but it was steel cable & backed by the resort I think) - It was through the jungle canopy and over a small gorge; always regret not paying the extra $$ to do it.

The wife and I zip lined over the canopy in the mountains of Dominican Republic. You wouldn't think it, but the mountain areas over there are beautiful!

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
That's not the point of the movement. Yeah, white guys getting shot by a black cop probably isn't a systemic issue. The point is the pervasive racial inequality in law enforcement, not the anomaly.

Show me one time an pro-life advocate rallied behind anti-death penalty protesters.
I'm pro-life and anti-death penalty.

Reactions: freedom

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
It's really pretty basic, but as soon as some people hear "black lives matter" they immediately bristle and think that they don't appreciate every one.
I think that the bristling comes more so from the lack of outrage at other black lives that seem to matter less. That slogan is only trotted out when the black life was ended by a white person. The scads of black on black crimes never get a second's mention by the #blacklivesmatter crew. For me, it's the wilful exclusion of that part of the conversation that makes me roll my eyes, not that they are espousing any sort of hierarchy of worthiness of life.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think that the bristling comes more so from the lack of outrage at other black lives that seem to matter less. That slogan is only trotted out when the black life was ended by a white person. The scads of black on black crimes never get a second's mention by the #blacklivesmatter crew. For me, it's the wilful exclusion of that part of the conversation that makes me roll my eyes, not that they are espousing any sort of hierarchy of worthiness of life.
Because their focus is primarily on racial bias in law enforcement. That's why the black on black crime isn't mentioned. This is pretty simple stuff.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Because their focus is primarily on racial bias in law enforcement. That's why the black on black crime isn't mentioned. This is pretty simple stuff.
Eh...maybe, maybe not.

It's passive aggressive at best. If you were truly outraged at the loss of young black lives, you'd be hugely disproportionate in your attention to ignore black on black violence. If, as I suspect is more accurate, your sole concern is racial discrimination in LE, then change your slogan to more accurate reflect just that, rather than painting with such a broad brush.

Reactions: White

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
It might be. If you were protesting at a pro-life movement and pushing for rights for unborn babies, would it seem a bit ridiculous to be ridiculed for not simultaneously pushing for rights of the elderly? Does being pro-life make you anti-elderly, or can you simply shed light on an issue that is important to you without having to draw a comparison?

There is nothing more ridiculous than being both pro abortion and anti death penalty.

Reactions: Strider12

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/03/30/the-conservative-case-against-the-death-penalty

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act...paign-to-end-the-use-of-the-death-penalty.cfm

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code

Can you show me a person who is pro life, who is for the killing of the elderly because they might be a burden to their families?