• Total voters

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
How do you go about that? Do you do that on your court date? Have no idea about this stuff. I have jury duty Monday so will be down there anyway if there is someone I can talk to ahead of time

On your court date, go talk to the solicitor. Ask to get the ticket reduced or changed to something else if you are worried about points or getting it reported to insurance. It helps since you're not a repeat offender. It is helpful to show that you have taken a defensive driving course in the interim, although that might be a condition of getting your ticket changed to a nonreporting type.
If you're in Georgia, you can go to court and plead nolo contendre. This is basically plea that says that the state has enough evidence to convict you so you're not going to contest it, but it also means that you're not actually "guilty." I think you can do one of these every 18 months. I believe that this is similar to the above option in some ways.
If you fucked up real bad and you got popped in the ATL metroplex, there is an app called Atticus that's like Uber, but you get a traffic lawyer instead of a driver. You can also get a general practitioner type of lawyer as well, but it's probably not worth it if it there isn't a bunch of other stuff associated with the speeding ticket like hit and run or DUI.

I don't practice traffic law, so take this information with a grain of salt and verify on your own or with an attorney of your choosing.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I plead yolo and they kicked me out of court, so there's that option.

It's now known as the Shemp defense, I think @triplestack3 has heard of it
I had a hearing a while back where some shithead defendant started spouting off at the judge (that ain't gonna win ya shit) and they got dragged out by the bailiff. Judge was pissed off. Next case called up was mine. That was a real lovely experience.