Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
On your court date, go talk to the solicitor. Ask to get the ticket reduced or changed to something else if you are worried about points or getting it reported to insurance. It helps since you're not a repeat offender. It is helpful to show that you have taken a defensive driving course in the interim, although that might be a condition of getting your ticket changed to a nonreporting type.
If you're in Georgia, you can go to court and plead nolo contendre. This is basically plea that says that the state has enough evidence to convict you so you're not going to contest it, but it also means that you're not actually "guilty." I think you can do one of these every 18 months. I believe that this is similar to the above option in some ways.
If you fucked up real bad and you got popped in the ATL metroplex, there is an app called Atticus that's like Uber, but you get a traffic lawyer instead of a driver. You can also get a general practitioner type of lawyer as well, but it's probably not worth it if it there isn't a bunch of other stuff associated with the speeding ticket like hit and run or DUI.

I don't practice traffic law, so take this information with a grain of salt and verify on your own or with an attorney of your choosing.

Thanks for the info. I just a got a speeding ticket in Macon so nothing huge (not like they don't have enough criminals to chase here... :rolleyes:)

I looked up the Nolo thing and while that will not show any points the ticket still gets reported so if the insurance company does a check they will see it and raise my rates. (from what I can tell). I did contact a local lawyer trying to weigh my options. Hate to use or pay for a lawyer for such a small thing but really don't want my rates to go up. In 40 years of driving this is only my second ticket and just pisses me off more then anything. I feel like a dirty criminal now Lol....

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Always keep your muzzle in a safe direction....

This was the result of a gunked up firing pin channel and stuck firing pin.

Had the P99 out today at the range and fired 200 rds of WWB. Got home and loaded up a mag of home defense rounds so I could put it back in the work trailer. Sent the slide home and BOOM.

20200304_163047_HDR(1).jpg

Fucked up my floor length mirror , went through the dry wall and embedded itself in a wall stud.

Just glad nobody was hurt but I am pissed it happened in the first place.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

Had the P99 out today at the range and fired 200 rds of WWB. Got home and loaded up a mag of home defense rounds so I could put it back in the work trailer. Sent the slide home and BOOM.

View attachment 70295

Fucked up my floor length mirror , went through the dry wall and embedded itself in a wall stud.

Fuuuuuccckkk.

Glad everything and everyone is ok!

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code

View attachment 70295

Glad it was aimed in the right direction so no one was injured.. It does happen even to the best of operators. On that note WWB is some of the dirtiest I’ve used lately. Makes me feel lucky because I load my hd mag at the range but slam the slide home aiming down range when I do. I also clean it ASAP when I get back from a range trip