Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
Anyone remember their first gun purchase?

mine was a mosin nagant 91/30 for $150 in 2013, shortly after I turned 18. After our house fire and we moved to the next county, once we got back on our feet, my parents gave me and my sister $200 each for new clothes and stuff, I spent $30 on clothes and came home with a mosin LOL

PicsArt_09-22-08.45.50.jpg

Mine was an overpriced Mossberg 500 with cheap ATI furniture. It's changed a few times in the 7 years I've had it, but it's something I could never get rid of.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I was prepared and set for everything affected by Sandy Hook. I sat back and bought a ton of revolvers, lever guns and bolt actions at crazy cheap prices because everyone else was worried about Glocks and AR's, lol. I would just drive to Georgia Arms and buy all the ammo I wanted at one time instead of trying to beat all the neckbeards to the stores or pay flipper prices online. GA Arms went up on their prices a little bit but not too bad. Still was worth it to make the drive out there once a month.
I kept all of my stuff. Although I did trade an FDE G19 with a TLR-1 for a S&W 500 straight up, lol.
I was living in CA when Sandy Hook happened. The hysteria was absolutely crazy... went up to my favorite local FFL and the walls that were once festooned with all sorts of black rifles were absolutely bare, save a lone Savage 110. At the time I felt like I was in good shape with what I had... about 16 AK mags of different types, maybe another 16 AR mags... I didn't sell much of anything really... bought a PSL in fact. Kept most of my stuff too.

Looking back, I really didn't have everything I could ever want (even though I thought I did). There's a lot of cool new product that has come out since then and it would be a shame if that stuff never came to fruition because of a ban. We might think we're good to go today because we're more or less happy with what we have at the moment, but's always subject to change.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
First gun I owned was a Tec-9 I gave my dad money to buy for me when I was like 15. That or a Savage O/U .223/12Ga break open single shot. I don't remember which I had first.

First gun I bought for myself I believe was a Desert Eagle .44mag 2 tone. I paid $600 or $650 for it. I traded it for 2 brand new Rugers at a local gunshow, I got a P90 .45 and a P95DC in 9mm. And thought that was a fair trade bc they were selling for what I paid for the DE.

I did some small trading and then didn't own any weapons for over a decade. So the first one I bought after that was a Browning Hi Power Practical in .40.

Speaking of Hi Powers, I'd love to have a GP Competition but damnit are they expensive. My dad had 3 brand new ones when I was a teen.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I want another K98k. I've had probably 10 over the years..but always end up selling them because I cant shake the bad juju feeling wondering if that rifle was used for some truly evil shit or not
It's an inanimate object. I'm sure some amount of Yugo surplus was used in genocide in the 90's. Heck, even the lowly Mosin Nagant you have stowed away could have been used to bayonet civilians. There's no way of knowing.
If you're so worried, get an Israeli K98k in .308 and rock that.

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
Any of you wear burton? I tell ya this jacket is legit

As in the Burton snowboard company? All my snowboard gear was mostly Burton over the years, good stuff. Might still have a jacket and a pair of pants or 2 packed away but most all our snowboard gear got lost (stolen) in our move from Colorado to Ga.
I've got so many jackets it's not funny and I gave some away when we left Colorado. Having to wear one 8+ months out of the year I guess I needed one for every occasion Lol.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It's an inanimate object. I'm sure some amount of Yugo surplus was used in genocide in the 90's. Heck, even the lowly Mosin Nagant you have stowed away could have been used to bayonet civilians. There's no way of knowing.
If you're so worried, get an Israeli K98k in .308 and rock that.

JDS and I had a talk about this subject. He told me it's not the gun, it's the man behind the gun. When you hear it, it sounds so simple...I guess bc it is.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
JDS and I had a talk about this subject. He told me it's not the gun, it's the man behind the gun. When you hear it, it sounds so simple...I guess bc it is.
Yup. Guns aren't bad. People are bad.

I guess where el Shempeon is coming from is kind of like asking if you would live in a murder house. Maybe that pushes the edge of superstition a little more.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
As in the Burton snowboard company? All my snowboard gear was mostly Burton over the years, good stuff. Might still have a jacket and a pair of pants or 2 packed away but most all our snowboard gear got lost (stolen) in our move from Colorado to Ga.
I've got so many jackets it's not funny and I gave some away when we left Colorado. Having to wear one 8+ months out of the year I guess I needed one for every occasion Lol.

I've needed 3 different ones this week, funny you mention it bc I was just thinking about it when I was sitting in the car this morning. Needed the Carhart early in the week bc it was cold, weather warmed up so then I just wore my hoodie, and then today I needed my Gortex raincoat. Ga weather...If you don't like it, hang around for a day, it will change.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA

I guess where el Shempeon is coming from is kind of like asking if you would live in a murder house. Maybe that pushes the edge of superstition a little more.
Every day I drive a van in which my wife died, along the same route (hey, it is paid for!). So far, so good, not ghosts. :cool:

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

Oh, I get it completely. The subject came up the first time I met JDS. I don't think he'd mind me saying, I asked him how can he like AKs and other Commie weapons when he was literally being shot at by the enemy with them. I found it odd and couldn't really grasp his perspective until he told me that. It was an eye-opening moment for me, about him and about myself bc I would struggle occasionally with the negative history of some weapons.

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
I was living in CA when Sandy Hook happened. The hysteria was absolutely crazy... went up to my favorite local FFL and the walls that were once festooned with all sorts of black rifles were absolutely bare, save a lone Savage 110. At the time I felt like I was in good shape with what I had... about 16 AK mags of different types, maybe another 16 AR mags... I didn't sell much of anything really... bought a PSL in fact. Kept most of my stuff too.

Looking back, I really didn't have everything I could ever want (even though I thought I did). There's a lot of cool new product that has come out since then and it would be a shame if that stuff never came to fruition because of a ban. We might think we're good to go today because we're more or less happy with what we have at the moment, but's always subject to change.

I was in Colorado at the time and pretty much the same scenario. The state was already on a slippery slope and that set off panic buying like I had never seen before. I was pretty set but that's when my gun and ammo hording really started. Thought I was going to be there for a long time and knew things would get harder and harder to acquire as the years went on.