Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Good info here. All stuff that I was wondering about but I'm unfamiliar with and it was never explained to me. Which is why I haven't been really pissed about it, just wondering and playing different scenarios through my mind. Would have been nice if they had mentioned the refinish was going to be necessary. I know Dan was asking Tim everything before telling me anything so the $175 quote should have been "plus refinishing." It would have been easier to handle than feeling like it was sprung on me at the time the invoice was due. I also don't understand the hole that needed welded up.

All of this would have been fine if they didn't act like they were trying to rape me right from the beginning. I pay with honest money for honest work. I mean, we went from an under $100 quote to $700 once they had my rifle and only when I asked for it back did they tell me, "Well $175 will get it right and safe and you'll be happy." And then even before I called them I mentioned that I bet my invoice ain't gonna be $175. I was right, it was damn near double. We will see what the work looks like, it may be fantastic and on point, but I still won't use them until they either get Dan initiated or get their communication issues handled.

Also, you can drill out rivets and pop the heads off. It's not labor intensive, it's the right way to do it. My brother does it for a living and I've seen it done every day when I worked on C-130s. I've done them myself when I couldn't get a sheetmetal mechanic available.
Didn't know you worked on Dirty Hercs Stang! I been in the belly for a few takeoffs.........zero landings, lol.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Didn't know you worked on Dirty Hercs Stang! I been in the belly for a few takeoffs.........zero landings, lol.

I worked on them for 9 years as an electrician and I LOVED IT. It's a VERY Patriotic feeling to see them sitting in the hangar as you walk in, i mean they are stripped down, gutted, wings off, horizontal stab and vertical off, everything. Feels good to produce a good plane and send it back home.

But it's hell on the body, I was offered a lateral move into an air conditioned and heated building with a workbench and a computer desk. I had to take it if I didn't want to look like Ephialtes from the movie 300 when I retire! Lol!

I've never got to fly on one, I'd love that!!! But I believe I'd like to stick around for the landing!!!

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Back from my second (and much shorter) hiatus, sailing the m85 on N-ODT has resulted in 1 no rep person asking me to ship it to Texas lol, and 1 person trying to trade me for a colt stripped lower that he says is worth over $900 and wanted me to add cash. Obviously it took me a long time to consider both... In more recent news I finally finished my mechanical engineering degree and graduated college without having to complete my second victory lap (less money on tuition means more for guns!) Now comes the fun part of trying to justify 5 and 1/2 years of my life doing math by trying to find a good job. Hope all of you are doing well and that the trade gods have blessed all of you with >$500 wasrs and yugos in my absence

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I got the Gun Blahs......I got some money....but when I look at "new to me" guns I don't see anything I want. In the last week I have been to a couple of shops, hit all the gun boards, see nothing I want in my price range. I guess I'll just roll with this money in my pocket....not a bad place to be I guess.

Ammo.....maybe ammo is the ticket!
I had that for a while until I started doing a few polymer 80 kits

Kind of want some rimfires... maybe some revolvers... another 1911... I want a lot more guns.