Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
I got the Gun Blahs......I got some money....but when I look at "new to me" guns I don't see anything I want. In the last week I have been to a couple of shops, hit all the gun boards, see nothing I want in my price range. I guess I'll just roll with this money in my pocket....not a bad place to be I guess.

Ammo.....maybe ammo is the ticket!

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
I got the Gun Blahs......I got some money....but when I look at "new to me" guns I don't see anything I want. In the last week I have been to a couple of shops, hit all the gun boards, see nothing I want in my price range. I guess I'll just roll with this money in my pocket....not a bad place to be I guess.

You can never have too much

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA

Get in on Federal rebate before the end of the year.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
@Fast306stang sorry to hear you feel that way. I’ve never know Tim to bullshit at all. If it needs to be done it needs to be done. Some people are willing to settle on bandaids or just piece by piece fixes but 2R has never been the “handyman” AK Builder. They build good shit at expensive prices and do it right. They don’t cut corners.

I don’t understand the multiple estimates, honestly that’s probably more related to their new employee Dan. He was in charge of taking orders and locking prices etc and he JUST joined about the same time you sent your stuff out?

hate to say it but if you are wondering about holes being welded, or barrel pin replacement, it’s probably because the AK you got was more fucked up than you knew by simply looking at it.

they pushed the barrel out to rivet the trunnionin correctly and I bet the barrel was pressed in wrong or headspace was out and you never even knew. They may have had to reset headspace within a safe tolerance then ream out the barrel pin hole and install an oversized pin.

call and talk to TIM not DAN lol and ask. He’ll be honest with you.

hopefully they were able to get you to a point where they felt you would be safe to fire the weapon.

re-finish came into play because they ground off rivet heads on your receiver and it leaves big swirls where the grinder got a hold of it. I’m sure had you specified you were cool with the big swirls and the finish didn’t matter they would have skipped that

not trying to defend them but some of the stuff your mentioning absolutely sounds like it would come hand in hand with pressing out a barrel, grinding off rivet heads, drilling rivets out of the trunnion and then reinstalling trunnion, riveting, pressing in barrel, headspacing, then drilling and pinning the barrel back?

Good info here. All stuff that I was wondering about but I'm unfamiliar with and it was never explained to me. Which is why I haven't been really pissed about it, just wondering and playing different scenarios through my mind. Would have been nice if they had mentioned the refinish was going to be necessary. I know Dan was asking Tim everything before telling me anything so the $175 quote should have been "plus refinishing." It would have been easier to handle than feeling like it was sprung on me at the time the invoice was due. I also don't understand the hole that needed welded up.

All of this would have been fine if they didn't act like they were trying to rape me right from the beginning. I pay with honest money for honest work. I mean, we went from an under $100 quote to $700 once they had my rifle and only when I asked for it back did they tell me, "Well $175 will get it right and safe and you'll be happy." And then even before I called them I mentioned that I bet my invoice ain't gonna be $175. I was right, it was damn near double. We will see what the work looks like, it may be fantastic and on point, but I still won't use them until they either get Dan initiated or get their communication issues handled.

Also, you can drill out rivets and pop the heads off. It's not labor intensive, it's the right way to do it. My brother does it for a living and I've seen it done every day when I worked on C-130s. I've done them myself when I couldn't get a sheetmetal mechanic available.