Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
The AR mag one is less desirable to me personally. You can’t take off that adapter, a bunch of machining has taken place under there that’s not really reversible.

the adapter is made of plastic correct?

Yep, it’s plastic and I didn’t know that they did a bunch of work to add that I kinda thought it was just bolted on lol

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yep, it’s plastic and I didn’t know that they did a bunch of work to add that I kinda thought it was just bolted on lol
I saw a dude online take it apart and was fucked haha. That being said M85 mags are expensive and kinda hard to find. I’m sure most people would be more happy to have it in the AR magazine configuration for mags we already own a million of lol. I’m just too much of a traditionalist......but I still like it

@Jstegman1 you starting a bidding war lol?

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
I saw a dude online take it apart and was fucked haha. That being said M85 mags are expensive and kinda hard to find. I’m sure most people would be more happy to have it in the AR magazine configuration for mags we already own a million of lol. I’m just too much of a traditionalist......but I still like it

I like where this is going lol

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

It might have been fucked with previously. At one point in 2011 or so, it was possible to get the adapter and bolt it right in IIRC

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
The AR mag one is less desirable to me personally. You can’t take off that adapter, a bunch of machining has taken place under there that’s not really reversible.

the adapter is made of plastic correct?

How reliable is the plastic parts that hold the AR mags... do they hold up over time? I'd like a 5.56 AK that takes AR mags, but I didn't really care for the 5.56 AK that took the very hard to find 5.56 AK mags.

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
How reliable is the plastic parts that hold the AR mags... do they hold up over time? I'd like a 5.56 AK that takes AR mags, but I didn't really care for the 5.56 AK that took the very hard to find 5.56 AK mags.

I have no clue but I would assume they are solid cause I haven’t seen anything about them blowing off or breaking.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yeah the M85 steel mags ain’t cheap, they’re still around but think Bakelite prices. I have never felt one but I imagine they’re good to go unless it’s in the negatives and cold/brittle or takes a serious fall onto the adapter? That being said if you could buy the adapter by itself maybe grab 2 extras and you could replace if it ever failed. I know they’re removable and re-attachable. Wasn’t impossible when the guy did it but wasn’t a cake walk necessarily. His thread is on AKFiles but his pictures have expired

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter