• Total voters

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I think I’ve got enough Yugo HGs for now - picked up 3 from @Leadhoof (and he sent some other cool stuff), so with the US made son the gun, the extra woods you sent, and the new ones from leadhoof, I’ve got 5 sets.
And a strangely colored AR pmag that I think must mean something and I’m unaware of the joke... View attachment 57547
Hey, I gotta couple those mags. It's jawja clay camo.

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
i got to knock out 2 birds with one stone. I met @Jeddak and @FLGA today at tru prep. Those 2 guys were at the top of my list to meet and put a face with a name. @triplestack3 and @Jstegman1 you just slid up to 1&2 respectively. It’s not a knock against anyway just how it is lol
Anyways here’s some rain man type shit to stick under your hat. When you can ID something from feel alone, that’s next level shit.
fromTP on the files
Early Polish vs Romy AK pistol grips
this is entering @slapshut type of write up. I mean same ball park but that’s it! totally a compliment too
They are early Polish and have some subtle differences. And at times these can apply to the other grip. I think that Poland or Romania at one time may have sent grips to the other country and then they modified them for their use. The easiest way to tell is on the Polish the area behind the trigger guard will have a flat surface while the Romy's have a U shaped ridge. It is not unusual to see the curved and it be flat.

W9WCnXI.jpg

The next area are the inside mold angles. The Polish will be a sharper angle and the Romy a bit more rounded.

uCsphZv.jpg

IpL72Pi.jpg

And one last difference is in the heel of the grip. The Romy have a tendency to be more pointed, with the Polish it's a wider flatter style heel.

c69cY5C.jpg

All of this will need to be considered as I have seen both grips resemble the other. But they will not usually be 100% like the other country. And it is difficult to see. I sold these grips for 2 years before I ever noticed these differences thanks to a thread on the AKFourms. And that discussion has still never been agreed to 100%. I think Zrecto was part of the conversation and can verify they are Polish. Shortly after this the Polish grips began to have some badass black/orange with yellow and lime greens swirls in them from the colored filler that they used. Most of the grips that have all the marbling on early grips where they were experimenting with fillers. They Romies used a lot of strings and if you look at some you will see the twisted are of the rope.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
i got to knock out 2 birds with one stone. I met @Jeddak and @FLGA today at tru prep. Those 2 guys were at the top of my list to meet and put a face with a name. @triplestack3 and @Jstegman1 you just slid up to 1&2 respectively. It’s not a knock against anyway just how it is lol
Anyways here’s some rain man type shit to stick under your hat. When you can ID something from feel alone, that’s next level shit.
fromTP on the files
this is entering @slapshut type of write up. I mean same ball park but that’s it! totally a compliment too
They are early Polish and have some subtle differences. And at times these can apply to the other grip. I think that Poland or Romania at one time may have sent grips to the other country and then they modified them for their use. The easiest way to tell is on the Polish the area behind the trigger guard will have a flat surface while the Romy's have a U shaped ridge. It is not unusual to see the curved and it be flat.

W9WCnXI.jpg

The next area are the inside mold angles. The Polish will be a sharper angle and the Romy a bit more rounded.

uCsphZv.jpg

IpL72Pi.jpg

And one last difference is in the heel of the grip. The Romy have a tendency to be more pointed, with the Polish it's a wider flatter style heel.

c69cY5C.jpg

All of this will need to be considered as I have seen both grips resemble the other. But they will not usually be 100% like the other country. And it is difficult to see. I sold these grips for 2 years before I ever noticed these differences thanks to a thread on the AKFourms. And that discussion has still never been agreed to 100%. I think Zrecto was part of the conversation and can verify they are Polish. Shortly after this the Polish grips began to have some badass black/orange with yellow and lime greens swirls in them from the colored filler that they used. Most of the grips that have all the marbling on early grips where they were experimenting with fillers. They Romies used a lot of strings and if you look at some you will see the twisted are of the rope.
That’s some great to know shit right there!

And I got to meet @Old Skool and @Jeddak today at Tru-prep too, right before I found @Cudruln lurking on the sidelines, @EugenFJR wandering the aisles, and @Patryn collapsed by the back counter.

Great seeing you guys!!!

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
That’s some great to know shit right there!

And I got to meet @Old Skool and @Jeddak today at Tru-prep too, right before I found @Cudruln lurking on the sidelines, @EugenFJR wandering the aisles, and @Patryn collapsed by the back counter.

Great seeing you guys!!!
Jealous of all you guys getting to meet. I was hoping to be at the full auto frenzy today, but Suz's night was so bad I couldn't leave today. Maybe we can get a M&G in before everybody gets hip deep in family holiday doings.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
fromTP on the files

W9WCnXI.jpg

uCsphZv.jpg

IpL72Pi.jpg

c69cY5C.jpg

I'm a dumb ass, I thought that might have been you standing on the grass outside close to the road... but I didn't want to embarrass myself if it wasn't you. We should do a meet and greet just for SET members at Truprep some time. I'm pretty sure we have done one before up there a few years ago.

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
I'm a dumb ass, I thought that might have been you standing on the grass outside close to the road... but I didn't want to embarrass myself if it wasn't you. We should do a meet and greet just for SET members at Truprep some time. I'm pretty sure we have done one before up there a few years ago.

Lmao

With a face like mine ....

Bro...
You got my digits lol

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
fromTP on the files
I have met @Jstegman1 a couple of times, but never the @jimipanic or even @Jds556762
Bound to happen sometime!

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
That'd be a good excuse for me to get out