• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Mro is my favorite red dot. Love them.

@Jds556762 asked your serial number. Pre 89k is 1.5x magnification, post 89k is 1x magnification. Only difference.

Just for coffee talk, I did pick up the green dot mro recently. Sold it in less than 48 hours of having it. Just didn't like it. Trijicon green in an acog is very eye friendly. I didn't have the same experience with their mro green dot.

Mro Red dot, my top pick.

Guy I’m buying it from says it has the TM mark after the name rather than the R so I’m guessing early model and maybe a 1.5? I know y’all got me beat on knowledge but that’s all I know for sure

Reactions: 3x

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Classic Firearms provided Bulgarian build kits to DDI. DDI made US receivers and built the guns. They are a solid build. Some have mag wobble issues but this doesn't affect function. Good buy at the $600-$700 mark.

I remember the Classic Arms AK 74'S. I might make him a offer then.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Thanks a bunch! I'll read the links posted to try figure out a bit more, but as @Grunk said, this at least gets me started.
I'm sure there are a ton of tiny things that are not compatible from one type to the next, and that's where the really hard part is - knowing which parts work in which model.

As far as AR types go, it's pretty much plug-n-play with the 5.56 since they all are based off 'Mil-Spec', and as long as you're not trying to do something relatively complicated like adding a piston system or changing calibers, a simple AR is easy to build. I'd never owned one when I built my first using parts I got on the interwebz and a YT vid for instructions. Still have it, I've upgraded it a few times (better barrel, trigger, scope) and it works great. Grunk has the second one I built, and it's never given either of us any trouble. High performance ARs can be a bit more work, same for different calibers and can-ready folding pistols like mine, but it's just a bit of research. The .308AR is another story. No 'Mil-spec' to rely on, and many different platforms that aren't exactly compatible, and many parts sellers out there that don't understand the differences. Building one from an 80% is yet another level of challenge, but I enjoyed it.
Feel free to ask me anything about it, I'll tell ya' if I know, and won't BS you if I don't.
Thank you. I have a few Aero receivers tucked away for few projects. Picked up an LNIB DD couple of weeks ago. Concetrating, for now, on factory ARs with hammer forged barrels.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It's not as bad as MARTA.
Much cleaner, better lit, and less of a piss smell.

That depends on your ability to handle the crazies.

I about had to give someone a beatdown last time I was on the NYC subway, the only thing that stopped me was I was only 90 percent sure I wouldn't get arrested. I believe the kid (witness) across from me was scared bc he was curled into the fetal position in his seat just staring at me lol

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
And the upper is the harder part, unless you're doing 80%, which he's not.
It's super easy - insert barrel, torque the collar, install gas block and tube, throw on the muzzle device and rail... dust cover and forward assist if you don't use a slickside.
What does an 80% have to do with any of it?

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
That depends on your ability to handle the crazies.

I about had to give someone a beatdown last time I was on the NYC subway, the only thing that stopped me was I was only 90 percent sure I wouldn't get arrested. I believe the kid (witness) across from me was scared bc he was curled into the fetal position in his seat just staring at me lol
I deal with crazy people all the time, unfortunately.

Reactions: Jstegman1