• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Guess I just cant do something nice for somebody...

Thanks government

Sell them the car for $100 ?

Gentleman's Agreement, they sell it back for the same price.

Write two bills of sale today.

One you selling the car to him today.

One, dated 6 months from now, selling the car back to you.

Sign both.

I have no idea, I'm making suggestions.

I thought you could insure a car you didn't own/title to, but Jake said otherwise.

Your heart is in the right spot.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Sell them the car for $100 ?

Gentleman's Agreement, they sell it back for the same price.

Write two bills of sale today.

One you selling the car to him today.

One, dated 6 months from now, selling the car back to you.

Sign both.

I have no idea, I'm making suggestions.

I thought you could insure a car you didn't own/title to, but Jake said otherwise.

Your heart is in the right spot.

I ran into the same issue when I loaned a car to my brother long-term. He couldn't insure it unless he had the title. I signed the title over like a dummy and he sold the car.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Well 2R snuck in a $110 charge for refinishing and $40 for shipping. I think I insured it and shipped it for about $25 through USPS and they're using UPS.

Just replacing front and rear trunnion rivets I wasn't expecting a refinish job to be necessary or am I wrong to assume that? Could have just touched up the rivets, I'd have been fine with that. So a $175 quote cost me $325. Not sure how I feel about that. Next build/repair is going to TN instead, that much I DO know.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Well 2R snuck in a $110 charge for refinishing and $40 for shipping. I think I insured it and shipped it for about $25 through USPS and they're using UPS.

Just replacing front and rear trunnion rivets I wasn't expecting a refinish job to be necessary or am I wrong to assume that? Could have just touched up the rivets, I'd have been fine with that. So a $175 quote cost me $325. Not sure how I feel about that. Next build/repair is going to TN instead, that much I DO know.
ask them to please include that small jar of K/Y so it don't hurt so bad

Last edited:

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes

+/- 100%. They must be in IT.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I am not using 2R for my circle 11 build. InRange it is.
I might call 2R, get a quote, waste their time. Then call back and tell them that I shipped parts to a different builder, because of how they treated you.

They were always nice on the phone, I just felt like they were always trying to get over on me. If you remember, they quoted me $65-$85, I sent them the rifle and then they called me and said $700! So I told them to send me an invoice for their time and ship the rifle back to me, then they said "We'll just replace the trunnion rivets, that's all it needs and it will be $175." So I agreed. Then today $175 magically became $325.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I don't even remember what you were replacing the rivets on? Gonna hit the micheladas tonight yo?
Screw built AR, I think

AK63DS with a Commie barrel, but the builder bucked the rivets against the barrel a la Century style. I sent the rifle in for front trunnion rivet replacement and a good look over.