Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
My understanding is that CC's were regular SKS with the barrel cut down and scope mount added. The bayonet cut would probably remain, as well as any numbers. It's also quite possible on the other hand that it came as a regular SKS and someone cut and threaded the barrel later.
Also fun note - since the cut down SKS wasn't standard, these rifles also came with two different gas piston lengths.

Over at the sks files is where I get my info. But it read that any CC that came from China had bayo groove filled and no numbers on the stock. The stock also has a /8\ inspection stamp on it.
Anybody else have a CC?

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
I just saw that too.
Everyone is dropping bakes lately. Is it just old stock that everyone has been sitting on, and now making some money during the holiday season?

Aren't there sanctions on these being imported?

ITAR is allowing em in the country with other pallets of goods. Or something like that. That’s what the chatter has said

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
You got
Over at the sks files is where I get my info. But it read that any CC that came from China had bayo groove filled and no numbers on the stock. The stock also has a /8\ inspection stamp on it.
Anybody else have a CC?

"Over at the sks files is where I get my info. But it read that any CC that came from China had bayo groove filled and no numbers on the stock. The stock also has a /8\ inspection stamp on it.
Anybody else have a CC? "

You got a Bubba's Companion, not a Cowboy's Companion. :becky:

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
There are no definite or absolutes on SKSs. The Cowboys rifle, and most others; even those without a bayonet, kept the cleaning rod hole and had a ball bearing in it to act as a detent to hod in the cleaning rod. As said, I am sure there are exceptions.

1576427300230.png

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
You got

"Over at the sks files is where I get my info. But it read that any CC that came from China had bayo groove filled and no numbers on the stock. The stock also has a /8\ inspection stamp on it.
Anybody else have a CC? "

You got a Bubba's Companion, not a Cowboy's Companion. :becky:

If bubba did this then he’s on point

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
I got confused by the cowboys. o_o Like I said SKS are confusing sometimes. Other SKSs use the plug, spring and detent method for the cleaning rod, but reportedly only the Cowboy's Companion uses a screw and spring clip. Just because it has a rail on it does not mean it is a Cowboy's Companion. There are others with rails. I'm done with this Cowboy for a while.

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
Well who the fuc knows then. I think it’s a stateside cut down. /26\ is the give away.
the neutered bayo lug throws me