Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I love NYC. But I'm also a bit of a foodie. Last time we were there, we stayed on the Jersey side. Great food there but I wouldn't suggest staying on the Jersey side. Stay at a hotel right in Time's Square if you can afford it. That's the best way.

Of course I think like others have mentioned, a lot of stuff is closed right now.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I love NYC. But I'm also a bit of a foodie. Last time we were there, we stayed on the Jersey side. Great food there but I wouldn't suggest staying on the Jersey side. Stay at a hotel right in Time's Square if you can afford it. That's the best way.

Of course I think like others have mentioned, a lot of stuff is closed right now.

Man we had bad luck with food. Best place were ate was a little mexican bodega near our friends apartment. Hells kitchen neighborhood.

Ate at Bobby Flay's restuarant Bar American... fucking joke. Overcooked smoked duck and unseasoned sides.

Couple other nice restaurants too.... i was not impressed.

City bus tour was fun though. The Met was nice.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
NYC was cool but I wouldn't want to live there. Or visit there too often. Had good food though. Never felt unsafe or anything, just the whole city is in constant construction and smells like piss.

Once you do all the touristy things, it's just another city with too many buildings.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

Never been to New Yawk. Chicago I've been to a few times. Joy Yee Noodle in Chinatown.....I might go back just for that.

Concealed is concealed.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
NYC was cool but I wouldn't want to live there. Or visit there too often. Had good food though. Never felt unsafe or anything, just the whole city is in constant construction and smells like piss.

Once you do all the touristy things, it's just another city with too many buildings.
That’s how we feel about Atlanta. We eat great food and go 1-2 times a year. It’s fun. But it’s just a bunch of builds lol

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

This pretty much nails it.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Man we had bad luck with food. Best place were ate was a little mexican bottega near our friends apartment. Hells kitchen neighborhood.

Ate at Bobby Flay's restuarant Bar American... fucking joke. Overcooked smoked duck and unseasoned sides.

You gotta eat at the mom and pop shops there. The Cranberry on 45th and the diner right next to it. And the sandwich shops. You're right, most of the higher end stuff is gonna suck. Nothing special. We did eat a great Thanksgiving dinner one year on like the 50th floor somewhere but I can't remember the name of it. The Hard Rock Cafe was cool just because it's iconic. But nothing special. Carnegie Deli was awesome but it's closed now.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Man we had bad luck with food. Best place were ate was a little mexican bodega near our friends apartment. Hells kitchen neighborhood.

Sounds about right.
We did have a good steak in the theater district. I believe it’s Frankie and Johnny’s. I was really surprised at how good it was. Saw Spamalott for a show. Could not get tickets for Wicked that weekend. Ended up seeing at the Fox in atlanta. Hotel room on Times Square for two nights was over a grand.