Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Its sort of hard to tell, and I really do like learning about mags and stuff. There's endless variations of AK mags and sometimes its crazy small details like spot welds that give it away.

I'm pretty much with @Jstegman1 when it comes to mag id. It's really not that interesting to me. Some of the stamps are cool I guess. Flatbacks are the easiest to identify as the spine is flat.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
I'm pretty much with @Jstegman1 when it comes to mag id. It's really not that interesting to me. Some of the stamps are cool I guess. Flatbacks are the easiest to identify as the spine is flat.
There's so many copies and knock offs...

Then someone was asking about other flats besides Chinese, seems like almost all of the 5 and maybe 10 rounders I've seen were flatbacks.

Flats seem to be somewhere halfway between Roms and Bakes, and thats about my price range.

I'm really hard on my shit... that's why I run AKs on the ground and most of the ARs I've had were built for bench shooting. The only running AR I've ever liked was a 6920.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes

Then someone was asking about other flats besides Chinese, seems like almost all of the 5 and maybe 10 rounders I've seen were flatbacks.

Flats seem to be somewhere halfway between Roms and Bakes, and thats about my price range.

I'm really hard on my shit... that's why I run AKs on the ground and most of the ARs I've had were built for bench shooting. The only running AR I've ever liked was a 6920.

So why does your name have 556 in it? ARs are plenty tough. ARs are tougher than people give them credit for and AKs are more accurate than people think.

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes

I don't know of a flatback knockoff

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
So why does your name have 556 in it? ARs are plenty tough. ARs are tougher than people give them credit for and AKs are more accurate than people think.
Because I shoot the fuck out of 5.56 and have been for 20 years. I didn't say one was better at anything that the other, just my preference of use.

They are tough, but I've never had the dust cover fly off my AK because it got stuck somehow.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Got the girlfriend let bulbs for her car for X-mas.

Went to install them.... there's not enough room to get the old bulbs out (much less the new ones in) without removing the headlight assembly.

To remove the headlight assembly you need to remove the entire front bumper....

Are you fucking kidding me???? Who was the genius at ford that decided that shit? They need to be fired. Out of a cannon. Into a volcano. On Mars.

Fucking engineers....

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Got the girlfriend let bulbs for her car for X-mas.

Went to install them.... there's not enough room to get the old bulbs out (much less the new ones in) without removing the headlight assembly.

To remove the headlight assembly you need to remove the entire front bumper....

Are you fucking kidding me???? Who was the genius at ford that decided that shit? They need to be fired. Out of a cannon. Into a volcano. On Mars.

Fucking engineers....

That stinks. Normally it's just a twist bulb that requires small hands.