• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
BTW, (new topic)
Does your new stang have door handles - as in mechanical latches?
I had to help I guy this week with a fairly new Corvette who needed a jump start.
Where he was parked we couldn't get a car close enough, so we wanted to push it back into the aisle.
He couldn't get into the car - the handles are push-buttons that activate the power latches. The battery was dead.
He opened the rear hatch with the key, there was a cord in there to open the driver's door.
We pushed it back.
He couldn't get OUT of the car - same push-buttons inside! (And kind of tough to reach into the back.)

Who designs these stupid things? You might want to reconsider your mid-life plans.

I have actual door handles. I have to see how to access the key hole...the keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors but if the battery is dead, I'll have to see how to manually unlock it.

My old Volvo, you had to use the plastic fob to pop a cover off the door handle, then you could use the key to unlock it

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
I have actual door handles. I have to see how to access the key hole...the keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors but if the battery is dead, I'll have to see how to manually unlock it.

My old Volvo, you had to use the plastic fob to pop a cover off the door handle, then you could use the key to unlock it
Just give me mechanical locks, mechanical latches, mechanical roll-down windows, and manual transmission.
But I don't need hand-cranking the engine.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
pics from my car (pardon my dirty floors)

Drive side:

View attachment 110403

Pax side:

View attachment 110404

Another question lol

Did you have a full on paint correction done? I've got a quote for $1400 for the paint and the wheels. I believe they use a ceramic coating with the 1st coat curing for 7 hours, a 2nd application and then a 12 hour cure under IR lamps.

Worth it? I can get 75% of the way there by myself but I don't have the lamps so I would just be using the sealer I have.

Which by the way, this stuff works incredibly well as a drying agent.

20201214_175302.jpg 20201214_174952.jpg 20201214_175000.jpg

Reactions: Jstegman1

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

preppingjedi

Sniper
Kalash Klub
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Go to the website and contact them if it's been longer than a few days. They'll approve you within a few hours usually.

How do I contact them if I'm logged in, but it won't lemme do anything?

#FACTS
So those AR disconnector, uhhh manipulators that were sold as belt holders. The ATF is making their rounds to those ppl who bought them on gunbroker and other websites.

When your buddy calls you on a burner phone to tell you what's up:

View attachment 110387

When will these fucking morons learn to shut the fuck up?
I love to remind people there are only approx 3,000 BATFE special agents.....

Total.....

Hmmmm

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I don't think they are vetted as well as some of the other recipes, or at least they aren't descriptive enough for ordinary people.
If you are looking for good recipes, the New York Times actually has an amazing database of recipes. Best bet with a new recipe is finding something with a ton of good reviews and then applying a twist from whatever Alton Brown recipe you were going to use before.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Another question lol

Did you have a full on paint correction done? I've got a quote for $1400 for the paint and the wheels. I believe they use a ceramic coating with the 1st coat curing for 7 hours, a 2nd application and then a 12 hour cure under IR lamps.

Worth it? I can get 75% of the way there by myself but I don't have the lamps so I would just be using the sealer I have.

Which by the way, this stuff works incredibly well as a drying agent.

View attachment 110405 View attachment 110406 View attachment 110407
I bought a Flex3401 and did my own paint correction (I used Wolfgang products on mine), but have not had it ceramic coated as I don't think I want to shell out for it.

In the research I've done, you do need paint correction before a ceramic coat, which can range from $300-$700 if a new car, more for more contaminated surfaces.

Full on good "Ceramic" runs a few grand from what I've seen but only lasts a few years, or you could apply Xpel or other plastic-type film covering for nearly the same ....

Personally, I'm just correcting the paint and putting down a coat of Collinite twice a year