Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I like PSA.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
@Axeman

Thanks for sharing that!

But that guy is full of shit. He might not know it, though.
That Star BM has the serial number stamped vertically next to the grip, and has 2 disks machined into the slide and frame on the right side.
The serial number location tells me it’s most likely a Mil/Pol issued weapon. The 2 disks are where the Guardia Civil markings used to be before they were removed, and then the gun was refinished.
Also, those grips are NOT what Star put on their Nickeled or Chromed pistols. They should have been fake pearl, and often with a Star logo in gold foil.

I used to have one like I’ve just described.
Sold it years ago, never really missed it. The steel framed ones are CHONKY little bitches compared to the aluminum frame (BKM) or the earlier model (BKS). K in ‘Star lingo’ denotes alloy frame. In the case of the BKS, it was not just an alloy frame version of the BS. The BS was a totally different pistol, much larger and no parts compatibility, as it was a late version of the rather famous Model B. The BS was mostly the same as the B, but with the addition of a removable frame-mounted magazine Safety (hence the S).

Fuck. Y’all didn’t want to read all of that, I bet.

Basically, I know Star pistols like some of you guys know AKs.