Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Just got back from my sister's wedding, was pouring rain the whole time lol. Wedding was awesome but I bought a brand new suit, shirt, shoes, belt and tie... Suit shirt and tie are going to the drycleaners asap, I think the shoes might be ruined though which sucks cause they were 150 on sale :cry:
Wipe them clesn with damp cloth. Dry them well, (put on top of the water heater if it is electric, if not, leave them in the warmest room in the house).
Get matching color shoe polish (black, I asssume?).
Cover heavily in shoe polish, turn a hair drier on low, and warm up the leather, so shoe polish is absorbed.
After shoes cools off, polish with an old cotton Tshirt. You might need to apply a thin layer of polish, depending on how much was absorbed first time.
You need to restore natural oils lost when shoes got wet.

Last edited:

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Wipe them clesn with damp cloth. Dry them well, (put on top of the water heater if it is electric, if not, leave them in the warmest room in the house).
Get matching color shoe polish (black, I asssume?).
Cover heavily in shoe polish, turn a hair drier on low, and warm up the leather, so shoe polish is absorbed.
After shoes cools off, polish with an old cotton Tshirt. You might need to apply a thin layer of polish, depending on how much was absorbed first time.
You need to restore natural oils lost when shoes got wet.
they are brown, does that change anything or the same process with a different color polish?

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Yeah I’ve thought about getting one from primary arms a few times I need to try it out just so I know
Get 3x or better. If you are going past 200 yards it helps see your target a lot better. The 5.56 reticle is also a little busy, so 3x magnification should help.
IMG_20200326_122200_470.jpg
It's a big unit, but same as a dot and magnifier.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Get 3x or better. If you are going past 200 yards it helps see your target a lot better. The 5.56 reticle is also a little busy, so 3x magnification should help.
View attachment 104614
It's a big unit, but same as a dot and magnifier.
Which one did you let me look through at your house that was busy inside and the reticle real tiny? Was it the 2X?

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
they are brown, does that change anything or the same process with a different color polish?
Nothing changes. Find the closest brown shade. If shoes are light brown, they may darken with some brown shoe polishes. You can use white/clear shoe polish in that case. You are after oils in the cream, not the pigment.

Last edited:

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
The issue I have with that set, like any other set is they're throwing knives in there you most likely won't use. That set has 3 paring knives. I very rarely ever use a paring knife and I'd never need 3 different ones. That's why I say get one or 2 good ones. You won't get the knife block, but you can get by with a cheaper bread knife and a nice set of steak knives and 2 good all purpose knives. I think you can get a nice set of steak knives with a wood case. Then a magnet holder like I have or a magnet strip.

I realize it's just my opinion, of course YMMV and the knife blocks DO look nice. It seems to me like they always throw extra stuff that you won't use to make it look like you're getting a deal on a nice set. But if she'll use those knives, then go for it! I guess the main question is, do you think SHE'LL be happy? That's the important part!

Didn’t even notice that. Shit, this is hard work. I may just get a block with 4 steak knives and add to it when needed.

She better damn well like it! Lol, I think she will. Asked for a set a few Christmas’s ago, but nothing ever came of that.

Her B day is November, but I think I’ll save this for Christmas.