• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Get a new pistol barrel while you're at it...Just beating that point to DEATH over here...
It’ll wear them down quicker but it’s not like crazy noticeable honestly. I’m into shooting barrels out, I feel accomplished when I have done it. That being said phosphate non-lined AR barrels (80.00) with bi-metal boolits going down the pipe as fast as you can run it on semi-auto will still last 10,000 rounds without a doubt. That’s still 2000.00 worth the ammo I can easily afford to rebarrel an AR or drop in another barrel into a pistol if I’m throwing 2 grand down range. And by last I mean they won’t even be keyholing by then but probably getting close to “shot out” by our standards.

CHF/CL AK barrels typically are fed a strict diet of bi-metal ammunition and have no problem lasting 40-50,000 Plus rounds.

If you’re ever curious as to super Hi round count AKs Shot in full auto and what it does to components check out Battlefield Vegas reports on their demo guns. I’m talking 200,000 bi-metal rounds through WASRs type round count.

Ill find the link

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
It’ll wear them down quicker but it’s not like crazy noticeable honestly. I’m into shooting barrels out, I feel accomplished when I have done it. That being said phosphate non-lined AR barrels (80.00) with bi-metal boolits going down the pipe as fast as you can run it on semi-auto will still last 10,000 rounds without a doubt. That’s still 2000.00 worth the ammo I can easily afford to rebarrel an AR or drop in another barrel into a pistol if I’m throwing 2 grand down range. And by last I mean they won’t even be keyholing by then but probably getting close to “shot out” by our standards.

CHF/CL AK barrels typically are fed a strict diet of bi-metal ammunition and have no problem lasting 40-50,000 Plus rounds.

If you’re ever curious as to super Hi round count AKs Shot in full auto and what it does to components check out Battlefield Vegas reports on their demo guns. I’m talking 200,000 bi-metal rounds through WASRs type round count.

Ill find the link

OK, I get it - I had a good friend who bought a G17L (gen1) that would keyhole at even 7 yards. That barrel was FUKT. Odd thing was it didn't look heavily abused, had decent rifling and all, but we couldn't get anything to put a consistent straight hole. 5/7 would go sideways. When he died his friends were going through his collection - the family was going to sell the rest - and one guy was tempted by the 17L, until I told him about that 'little' issue.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
OK, I get it - I had a good friend who bought a G17L (gen1) that would keyhole at even 7 yards. That barrel was FUKT. Odd thing was it didn't look heavily abused, had decent rifling and all, but we couldn't get anything to put a consistent straight hole. 5/7 would go sideways. When he died his friends were going through his collection - the family was going to sell the rest - and one guy was tempted by the 17L, until I told him about that 'little' issue.
A barrel is what 150.00? So if you woulda offered me that keyholing 17L for 250.00 I woulda done it myself. Or dragged that thing down to the Mother Ship in Smyrna and been like “I shot yo barrel out Glock gimme a new one” bet they woulda

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
We have a full -auto Glock 17 conversion at the shop we shoot regularly with the cheapest shit we can find and we’ve swapped out 2 barrels on it. Just absolutely rag it out. Don’t even keep round counts on it just shoot it non-stop

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
A barrel is what 150.00? So if you woulda offered me that keyholing 17L for 250.00 I woulda done it myself. Or dragged that thing down to the Mother Ship in Smyrna and been like “I shot yo barrel out Glock gimme a new one” bet they woulda
Yeah, I suggested that to Denver when it happened, but he was a COLLECTOR first, a shooter second. So he didn't want something that wasn't serialed to the gun with the proper proof marks, blah blah blah...
And afterward, the Family wanted $600 for it, so no-go.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yeah, I suggested that to Denver when it happened, but he was a COLLECTOR first, a shooter second. So he didn't want something that wasn't serialed to the gun with the proper proof marks, blah blah blah...
And afterward, the Family wanted $600 for it, so no-go.
Yepp no hope for that 17L. Unfortunate because the 17L is one of my favorite Glocks if not my favorite

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Got up early, went and hiked Kennesaw Mountain with my wife.

We just started our 9th year here in Georgia. First time we've done the hike.

Was pretty cool.

Was also supposed to go buy a lvpo after the hike from a guy on that side of town. Worked out the details this morning, 75% done with the hike, get a text that the guy from last night sent money "Sorry to waste your time". MF !

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
We have a full -auto Glock 17 conversion at the shop we shoot regularly with the cheapest shit we can find and we’ve swapped out 2 barrels on it. Just absolutely rag it out. Don’t even keep round counts on it just shoot it non-stop
I think that's awesome. That's what I bought my first G17 (gen1) for, to do IDPA and not worry about it. But then I just started to hate the grip angle too much.
Everything else about the G-puck is fine, but that grip gives me a hand cramp. i can shoot them accurately, I just don't enjoy doing it.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Got up early, went and hiked Kennesaw Mountain with my wife.

We just started our 9th year here in Georgia. First time we've done the hike.

Was pretty cool.

Was also supposed to go buy a lvpo after the hike from a guy on that side of town. Worked out the details this morning, 75% done with the hike, get a text that the guy from last night sent money "Sorry to waste your time". MF !

That's a mixed message - didn't know whether to click "Like" for the hike or "Angry" for the asshat with the LVPO...

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I think that's awesome. That's what I bought my first G17 (gen1) for, to do IDPA and not worry about it. But then I just started to hate the grip angle too much.
Everything else about the G-puck is fine, but that grip gives me a hand cramp. i can shoot them accurately, I just don't enjoy doing it.
I am a big P80 fan because the grip angle is just slightly different and makes a world of difference

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I am a big P80 fan because the grip angle is just slightly different and makes a world of difference
I've seriously considered it a few times - except I have PLENTY of other pistols that I already own that work quite well in that role.