• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Not even mentioning that shooting a guy (in the head) that is going to destroy property that isn't even yours isnt even remotely self defense, i know some of you may have feelings otherwise due to the behavior of the people who were shot but these are facts cut and dry. A 17 year old kid murdered 2 people and injured 1 in a public area with an illegal firearm that he brought across state lines, not to mention that he fled back to his home state rather than turning himself in
Info on the original shooting is still not clear but in my opinion, the 2 on video were self defense, age on self defense is irrelevant to me. Also what is a 17 yr old doing out at that time with what's going on? I did see that it sounds like he was fleeing too. Sad situation all around but if people weren't destroying property then this wouldn't have happen

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Not even mentioning that shooting a guy (in the head) that is going to destroy property that isn't even yours isnt even remotely self defense, i know some of you may have feelings otherwise due to the behavior of the people who were shot but these are facts cut and dry. A 17 year old kid murdered 2 people and injured 1 in a public area with an illegal firearm that he brought across state lines, not to mention that he fled back to his home state rather than turning himself in
I don't know what the law is with respect to defense of property in Wisconsin, but the subsequent shooting after the shooter broke off and began to retreat is arguably self-defense.
He turned himself over to the authorities on the spot. I don't believe that they arrested him, but that's hardly fleeing.

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Info on the original shooting is still not clear but in my opinion, the 2 on video were self defense, age on self defense is irrelevant to me. Also what is a 17 yr old doing out at that time with what's going on? I did see that it sounds like he was fleeing too. Sad situation all around but if people weren't destroying property then this wouldn't have happen
But if the first kill wasnt self defense (it sounds like he shot a guy that was destroying or attempting to destroy a private business that he had no affiliation with) then he is already on the wrong side of the law so the other civilians he shot (who made a very dumb choice to rush someone that has an ar-15) shouldn't be self defense when they try to stop him after he already gunned someone down unlawfully. It seems like some real "outlaw county" type shit and not self defense. Its a really shit example but if someone breaks into your house and you kill them, that is self defense. But if you shoot and kill someone breaking into your neighbor's house it is not self defense, its just murder

Reactions: Jstegman1 and 3x

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
I don't know what the law is with respect to defense of property in Wisconsin, but the subsequent shooting after the shooter broke off and began to retreat is arguably self-defense.
He turned himself over to the authorities on the spot. I don't believe that they arrested him, but that's hardly fleeing.
He left the state though, him leaving the scene i can understand but leaving the state seems like fleeing

Reactions: Jstegman1

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA

Unfortunately, I am in agreement with you.... Homeboy is gonna get crucified

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Also i have no clue about the retreat part that could well be the case but i don't see how the first is even remotely self defense, the second person killed and the man that was injured I can see being self defense depending on his retreat but still feels wrong with the context of the first guy he shot. I really don't know tho I'm not a judge or a lawyer but it just doesn't sit well with me

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
But if the first kill wasnt self defense (it sounds like he shot a guy that was destroying or attempting to destroy a private business that he had no affiliation with) then he is already on the wrong side of the law so the other civilians he shot (who made a very dumb choice to rush someone that has an ar-15) shouldn't be self defense when they try to stop him after he already gunned someone down unlawfully. It seems like some real "outlaw county" type shit and not self defense. Its a really shit example but if someone breaks into your house and you kill them, that is self defense. But if you shoot and kill someone breaking into your neighbor's house it is not self defense, its just murder
When the shooter disengaged and began to retreat, it was clear that the attack was over. Think about a road rage situation where someone follows the other driver home and attacks them - it doesn't matter who committed what moving violation , the driver who followed the other driver is probably going to catch an assault charge.

With respect to the defense of a third party, at least in GA, lethal force can be applied so long as the third party would have been permitted to use it. In other words, if someone is breaking into your neighbor's house and they are home at the time, you MAY be legally clear to shoot the intruder. There's a bit more nuance to it, but that's the gist of it.

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
Unfortunately, I am in agreement with you.... Homeboy is gonna get crucified
I don't like it cause he is a minor but i feel like he should be prosecuted for murder for the first person at the very least. Also I hate to say it but how shitty are his parents for letting him go to Wisconsin considering the current climate there?! Huge parenting fuck-up if they knew and borderline accomplice if they gave him the rifle to take with

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Also i have no clue about the retreat part that could well be the case but i don't see how the first is even remotely self defense, the second person killed and the man that was injured I can see being self defense depending on his retreat but still feels wrong with the context of the first guy he shot. I really don't know tho I'm not a judge or a lawyer but it just doesn't sit well with me
I'm a lawyer, but that doesn't mean I'm right.

GoEagles

Frontiersman
Oct 14, 2019
Southeast Georgia
When the shooter disengaged and began to retreat, it was clear that the attack was over. Think about a road rage situation where someone follows the other driver home and attacks them - it doesn't matter who committed what moving violation , the driver who followed the other driver is probably going to catch an assault charge.

With respect to the defense of a third party, at least in GA, lethal force can be applied so long as the third party would have been permitted to use it. In other words, if someone is breaking into your neighbor's house and they are home at the time, you MAY be legally clear to shoot the intruder. There's a bit more nuance to it, but that's the gist of it.
I didn't know that about the use of force in Georgia, makes sense but GA also has some of the strongest (most encompassing) self defense laws in the US so even if that's fine in GA i doubt anywhere outside of the south is the same. And i see it being more similar to the church shooting in Texas where the guy who lived across the street chased down the shooter. If protection of property laws cover the first death then I see a much stronger case but I don't see how a person that is not a member of the community can be justified in killing to protect property they have no ties to. Also based of how weird their gun laws are I don't feel like its a stretch to say that the self defense laws are gonna be much better

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
He left the state though, him leaving the scene i can understand but leaving the state seems like fleeing
That's legally probably a big deal but in reality it's an arbitrary line on paper. Antioch, IL, his home town, is like 20 miles from Kenosha, WI. Closer than I am to Atlanta, but I'm still in the same "state".