• Total voters

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
@AC-130 Above

What probably happened was the buildup of shellac made the journals too thick on the wood.

Lesson learned, never force it. When I have one that doesn't want to work, I usually use a piece of sandpaper on the channel of the gas tube and sand the lips on upper handguards so they slide smoothly. You don't have to take much off. Just a couple of thousandths
oh no doubt I was already past that stage, could always tell after a good shellacking that the lips will always need some sanding to proper fit back into the tube. My problem was I was trying to rotate the lug, seat the UHG in it and then rotate the lug (where you put your adjustable wrench on) back to lock the UHG in place.

I learned that there is another method where you can just clamp the "lug" not sure if thats what you call it, into a vise and then just twist the UHG in by hand. I clamped the gas tube on the other side, where it connects to the gas block in my vise and was trying to free the "lug" with my wrench, in that process I def bent or made it to where the piston won't freely slide through to the gas block when gun is fully assembled. As @slapshut said, I am gunna run a socket through the gas tube and try and straighten it out. Will have to be another day though, I am back in ATL unfortunately...

AC-130 Above

Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
It might be a little rough at first, but dry fire it a couple dozen times and it will smooth out.

The pull is about 7-8 lbs and the let off is less than a pound.

You can switch the trigger spring to a lighter spring without a problem but it's recommended the hammer spring be a standard weight to prevent light strikes.
im just gunna run it as is right now, I know these triggers have a somewhat break in period, at least with the Franklin and Fostechs they do. Need to get my ass out to the range.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
oh no doubt I was already past that stage, could always tell after a good shellacking that the lips will always need some sanding to proper fit back into the tube. My problem was I was trying to rotate the lug, seat the UHG in it and then rotate the lug (where you put your adjustable wrench on) back to lock the UHG in place.

I learned that there is another method where you can just clamp the "lug" not sure if thats what you call it, into a vise and then just twist the UHG in by hand. I clamped the gas tube on the other side, where it connects to the gas block in my vise and was trying to free the "lug" with my wrench, in that process I def bent or made it to where the piston won't freely slide through to the gas block when gun is fully assembled. As @slapshut said, I am gunna run a socket through the gas tube and try and straighten it out. Will have to be another day though, I am back in ATL unfortunately...

I have never heard of the method you used. I generally don't even have to use any tools. Mine are all handtwist on and off. And if they aren't then I make um that way

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
im just gunna run it as is right now, I know these triggers have a somewhat break in period, at least with the Franklin and Fostechs they do. Need to get my ass out to the range.

Not quite the same. Sometimes the powdercoat is a little thick and it doesn't feel smooth, so not exactly the break in period other triggers need.

AC-130 Above

Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
I have never heard of the method you used. I generally don't even have to use any tools. Mine are all handtwist on and off. And if they aren't then I make um that way
after typing that out and thinking it over, I was definitely making it harder than it needed to be. I shoulda just sanded the shit outta the lips I guess.