Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I might have offended my shop teacher by accident when he came over. I asked him, "Man you ain't retired yet?" Because I thought he would send one of his students or employees over.

He said, "Why, what do you think I should be doing?"

I didn't get to reply, just bc of the conversation and the work at hand.

But I was thinking when I retire, I'm gonna stay at home when I want to, vacation when I want to, and fish when I want to. You know, like @Gaige

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
Dang man! That is a hell of an offer!

My shop teacher just left, it was the cap. $150 parts and labor, I ain't complaining especially being today is Sunday. If it had happened yesterday when the shop was open, I could have done it myself for less than $50. Sure beats $4200 for a new unit though!

I think I need to grab a few spare caps when we move in the new house. Might be a good idea to have a few on hand.

Glad you got it sorted out! I need to grab a couple myself just to have on hand. I was shocked that I could not find one locally? Thought for sure it would be something Lowes or Home Depot carried?

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
This stuff looks synthetic to me. I don't think it's crushed shells...it has an oil/buffing component to it. Makes the garage floor have a nice sheen to it without being slippery.
For concrete floors, it's wax based. Same is used for tile, vinyl, marble, etc. The material is actually wood shavings, at least originally. Could well be synthetic these days. My knowledge is old, like me. anyway, red sweeping compound originally was the wax based stuff for concrete. Green sweeping compound was oil based for wooden floors. It's what we used in textile mills in the 70s.