Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
It's hard to get a pic of the channel that the leaf spring is supposed to slide into on the rear of the sight block. Here's a pic I snapped though...

View attachment 92882

Notice the indentation in front of the hole on the gas block. That's from the bitty dot mount too. The screw that you have to torque down on the mount that gives it it's rigidity doesn't line up either.

No doubt about it the mount is solid when it's on there. At what cost though? I almost ruined my rear sight block, which is an old-school Romy G sight block. And also I was out of upwards adjustment on the dot of the RMR too. I don't think I'd have ever gotten it zeroed.

I do not like anything mounted there but an iron sight. Too much stress there and pounding from the bolt for anything else. Even with that stiff ass spring the rear sight jumps up and down when the bolt closes. Imagine what it does to an optic.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I do not like anything mounted there but an iron sight. Too much stress there and pounding from the bolt for anything else. Even with that stiff ass spring the rear sight jumps up and down when the bolt closes. Imagine what it does to an optic.

That's why I was gonna run an RMR. If an RMR can hold up to riding a slide on a pistol I'm sure it would have been fine on an AK sight block. I wouldn't run anything less than an RMR or an Aimpoint though. That's just me.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020