Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
That's awesome! You're right up the road from me lol...

Both sides of the garage door have damage from water coming through the seal and standing. I have fixed that part so water doesn't come in anymore.

The damage is the baseboard, sheetrock, and most likely there is some wood rot at the bottom of the studs and the 2x10 or whatever the edge of the garage door opening is. I have not cut the sheetrock back yet to expose the damage. We can replace the wood or scab some new pieces in?

Doesn't look too bad- I'd go ahead and cut the bottom 12" or so of the sheetrock off to get a good idea of the wood. You can definitely scab some pieces on if it's bad.

If you have to fix studs, take the sheetrock off to about 4 feet.

I might be able to help with this... I was just going to send you some contractor names. But I've done all that work before.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Doesn't look too bad- I'd go ahead and cut the bottom 12" or so of the sheetrock off to get a good idea of the wood. You can definitely scab some pieces on if it's bad.

If you have to fix studs, take the sheetrock off to about 4 feet.

I might be able to help with this... I was just going to send you some contractor names. But I've done all that work before.

Thanks man! I appreciate it!!!

Either way is fine, if you want to help, we'll knock it out, if you want to send some names, I can use them! I need to sell my house to buy my in-law's house and they're closing on their new one in 30 days. That last part kind of happened fast lol

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Thanks man! I appreciate it!!!

Either way is fine, if you want to help, we'll knock it out, if you want to send some names, I can use them! I need to sell my house to buy my in-law's house and they're closing on their new one in 30 days. That last part kind of happened fast lol

Call me tomorrow.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Always forget how big and bulky the m951 was. Gives it a nice throwback feel to the army days. Except this is nicer than what we had LOL. I’m out of zip ties so the shitty adhesive tape it comes with for wires has to hold the pressure pad for now.

CE77FDFD-A3EA-42B1-B36D-E7F830FB5D90.jpeg E9B2667B-A974-4617-B6F9-FFFE32675183.jpeg

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Looking at it, the bottom plate looks fine... although that's the pressure treated piece. Studs usually aren't.

I noticed the bottom plate looked good. I wasn't aware the studs aren't pressure treated as well. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna go ahead and cut the sheetrock back and see what I'm working with. 60 days of phone calls hasn't gotten me anywhere so it's time to jump in with both feet!

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I noticed the bottom plate looked good. I wasn't aware the studs aren't pressure treated as well. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna go ahead and cut the sheetrock back and see what I'm working with. 60 days of phone calls hasn't gotten me anywhere so it's time to jump in with both feet!

Honestly, for a "sell the house fix" I'd float it with mud and replace the trim. And replace the bottom of that piece at the door.

Beat to fit and paint to match.