Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
I had a SCAR 17. I liked it...but even back then when you could get them for $2800 new and I got mine for $2200 I kinda didnt think it was worth it.

If SCAR 16s are really $2600 now that has just completely jumped the shark

Love my SCAR 17 but I got it (new) cheaper then you did so it was worth it. Also got a 16 under $2k (which I just sold.) It just didn't "do it" for me and was worth too much just sitting in the safe. The 16 is $2799 now and they are impossible to find new. SCAR 17 is $3570. Way too much for either of those but people still seem to buy them? Some knucklehead on ODT has a used 17 listed for $4K right now and if it goes for anywhere near that I'm posting mine up.
I'd like that new Bren but not paying $2k either. I'm actually more partial to the pistol version which I could get for under $1500 so I might do that at some point?

jimipanic

Marksman
Kalash Klub
Jul 19, 2015
OTP
Zip code
@jimipanic does amazing things with wood

Dont believe me ? Ask my wife
Hi-oh!
what’s funny I that’s the next step in my wood working career. This surplus wood is going to dry up sooner than later and I’ve come too far to stop now. That being said I know I missed a few of you guys on the last dong shipment. My apologies, but hit me up and I’ll put you on the list and do ya better than advertised or anywhere on the inter webs. I got some en route
@AirOpsMgr. You’re number 1 on the list
If I can’t take car of my peeps then what’s the point ?

7D172179-C407-4CCD-98CF-098C27539B60.jpeg D1DEB8A1-3C09-45A9-9A72-F89FFAAABA3E.jpeg 95C11375-657F-4B7F-8327-DC1774FBD78F.jpeg

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Love my SCAR 17 but I got it (new) cheaper then you did so it was worth it. Also got a 16 under $2k (which I just sold.) It just didn't "do it" for me and was worth too much just sitting in the safe. The 16 is $2799 now and they are impossible to find new. SCAR 17 is $3570. Way too much for either of those but people still seem to buy them? Some knucklehead on ODT has a used 17 listed for $4K right now and if it goes for anywhere near that I'm posting mine up.
I'd like that new Bren but not paying $2k either. I'm actually more partial to the pistol version which I could get for under $1500 so I might do that at some point?

I totally get the subjective worth thing. SCAR 17 is better than a FAL. But, the 3 FALs I have now cost me less that the new price of a SCAR 17, and the SCAR 17 isnt 3 times the gun.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I'm not here to bs ya... I'm a little embarrassed by them, but I've owned up to them.

I've had 2, and BOTH were due to mechanical problems with the guns in question. And both times nobody was injured.

First was a CZ-52, I had put an aftermarket firing pin in it and a 9mmP barrel, and it was my EDC pistol in a 1911 OWB holster. I had the safety ON, and thumbed back the hammer while flipping the muzzle down. Firing pin flew forward with enough energy to set off the round (it was a Federal soft-point lead-free round, only thing I could get the gun to feed reliably). Luckily the slide did not open, because I still had my thumb on the hammer, would've lost a chunk of thumb. Round went into floor on 1-story house, into crawl space, not recovered.

Second was a Star BKS I had modified by putting a BM nickeled slide onto, and had carried and shot the thing in IDPA competitions, and it was at that time my EDC - in a Commander OWB holster. End of day, I'd taken the gun out and set it on the bed, then removed the holster, tossed it on the bed. Gun was cocked and locked, chambered with an Aguila IQ round. I tossed my old Nokia cellphone on the bed from 6 feet away, BOOM. Ruined the covers on the bed, and the pillow, but the bullet tumbled and only made a small dent in the wall. Stayed intact so well I could have reloaded it and shot it again. Gun was STILL on safe, again the slide didn't open (blocked by the safety).

And they say mechanical safeties rarely fail...Well, that second one was MY fault because the BM slide should never have been put on that frame. Still not exactly sure why it tripped that way, could never get it to recreate the scenario - in safe conditions, of course.
The CZ52 has been known to have problems with NDs or ADs, so I guess that was my fault too, for even carrying it! Also could have been a really sensitive primer, which happened back then with some of that lead-free primer stuff.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Dont believe me ? Ask my wife
Hi-oh!
what’s funny I that’s the next step in my wood working career. This surplus wood is going to dry up sooner than later and I’ve come too far to stop now. That being said I know I missed a few of you guys on the last dong shipment. My apologies, but hit me up and I’ll put you on the list and do ya better than advertised or anywhere on the inter webs. I got some en route
@AirOpsMgr. You’re number 1 on the list
If I can’t take car of my peeps then what’s the point ?

View attachment 83253 View attachment 83254 View attachment 83255
I need 2 metal reinforced AK74 mags

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'd say FN is my favorite manufacturer...but they have forced some serious late 90s HK-level fuckery on their customers in the past and continually price themselves out of the sane gun buying market. ....but damn I love their stuff. FNX45T, 509T, SCAR17, PS90, FAL,SLP....I could get everything I want from them and be happy, except itd cost more than my future Challenger Hellcat purchase and have a worse warranty

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I'd say FN is my favorite manufacturer...but they have forced some serious late 90s HK-level fuckery on their customers in the past and continually price themselves out of the sane gun buying market. ....but damn I love their stuff. FNX45T, 509T, SCAR17, PS90, FAL,SLP....I could get everything I want from them and be happy, except itd cost more than my future Challenger Hellcat purchase and have a worse warranty
Throw in the FN AR15 and you looking around 10k and that’s being generous lol