• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Word, I have a Yugo and Mak. I like them both but if I had to get rid of one it would def be the Yugo
I’ve only owned a Yugo. things I don’t like about it:
1) It’s not a triangle sidefolder, it’s an underfolder - which may be more compact when folded, but it’s a bitch to deploy.
2) As a Yugo, it has longer handguards, which is nice, but just like almost every AK out there, the forward end is held onto the barrel by a piece of steel that gets really hot halfway through the first magazine.
I’m working on a fix for that.
3) Because it’s an underfolder, there’s no rail on the left side to attach a scope or red dot over the dust cover. So it’s iron sights only.
But on the cool side, it does have flip-up Tritium that still glows pretty nicely!

And I definitely like the 1.5mm receiver. Smooooth.....

So, IIRC you have an M70AB2 also, how is the MAK90 better?

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
I’ve only owned a Yugo. things I don’t like about it:
1) It’s not a triangle sidefolder, it’s an underfolder - which may be more compact when folded, but it’s a bitch to deploy.
2) As a Yugo, it has longer handguards, which is nice, but just like almost every AK out there, the forward end is held onto the barrel by a piece of steel that gets really hot halfway through the first magazine.
I’m working on a fix for that.
3) Because it’s an underfolder, there’s no rail on the left side to attach a scope or red dot over the dust cover. So it’s iron sights only.
But on the cool side, it does have flip-up Tritium that still glows pretty nicely!

And I definitely like the 1.5mm receiver. Smooooth.....

So, IIRC you have an M70AB2 also, how is the MAK90 better?

Yep M70Ab2

Mak Pros over Yugo (my opinions YMMV)
  1. The Mak trigger is literal butter compared to the Yugo
  2. The full stock on the Mak is significantly more comfortable to shoot than the underfolder.
  3. The Mak feels way lighter to me, my wife couldn't tell the difference so I may just be an idiot.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Yep M70Ab2

2. The full stock on the Mak is significantly more comfortable to shoot than the underfolder.
  3. The Mak feels way lighter to me, my wife couldn't tell the difference so I may just be an idiot.
Ok, fair points.
1) Fix your Yugo trigger. I replaced mine with a mil-spec (it was badly worn and unsafe), and the new one was terrible - but it’s a $12 part. So I got out some tools and carefully filed out the huge bumps, then stoned it, and now it’s like butter. Still long travel, but much much smoother.
2) Mine doesn’t really bother me, but I understand for some it’s an issue. If I were trying to be accurate, it would be an issue, but to me that’s not the strength of the platform.
3) You’re right, the Yugo is probably heavier. Never held a MAK, so no comparison.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
Ok, fair points.
1) Fix your Yugo trigger. I replaced mine with a mil-spec (it was badly worn and unsafe), and the new one was terrible - but it’s a $12 part. So I got out some tools and carefully filed out the huge bumps, then stoned it, and now it’s like butter. Still long travel, but much much smoother.
2) Mine doesn’t really bother me, but I understand for some it’s an issue. If I were trying to be accurate, it would be an issue, but to me that’s not the strength of the platform.
3) You’re right, the Yugo is probably heavier. Never held a MAK, so no comparison.

What type of new trigger did you put in?

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
Yep M70Ab2

Sopmod

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
When wife and I rented a Fiesta in Italy back almost 20 years ago a nice local kept me from pumping diesel fuel into the gas tank. My knowledge of Italian was not as good as I thought it was.

But that little Fiesta would do 115 on the autostrada...flew into Venice, rented the car and flew out of Rome 10 days later. What a beautiful country!

I've driven a car in Rome Italy. After that I have feared nothing...
I did something similar 12 years ago. Went to Rome, stayed near the Vatican in a VRBO apartment for 4 days, then rented a Lancia 5-speed hatchback and drove to Florence.
Driving the streets of Rome was certainly an experience!! 4 lanes at a light, 6 cars and 5 mopeds lined up. At the Green light, everybody takes off like a race! The rules are mere suggestions, as are the lanes. Right-of-way is determined by gross tonnage.
Channel your inner Mario Andretti and may the Pagan and Christian gods help you to achieve victory!!