• Total voters

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
See... we prepared. Then it went out of date and was sold for surplus. @Red Dawn ... you remember that surplus guy we bought stuff from? He was giving these away.

View attachment 80311

Yeah I do. The trip we took to CMP. Stopped near Dallas I think and the guy had a yard full of surplus cans and gear. I grabbed a coupe camel packs and a few 50 cal cans and a molle pack. I still have my kit to buddy.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I was THIS CLOSE to buying a raw 80% lower but then caught a deal on black anodized. Sounds like I dodged a bullet on that one.

It would’ve been a shame if my Privet 3D paint job hadn’t stuck!
Yeah - never again on the raw aluminum.

I tried buying that Wheeler’s cerakote paint stuff in the spray can, followed the directions exactly, and it came out like 60-grit sandpaper, even though it went on smooth. So it’s gonna go to @FatAlbert with a charter .32 revolver when I’ve got some extra cheddar for old projects.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Some good news
Great news
And bad news lol

good news, the Pinhole in the triangle folder is getting Tig welded on Friday by my buddy who is a body shop guy with 35 years Tig welding. Showed him everything and he feels super confident it’s not an issue and he’ll have me fixed up quicker than it takes to get the machine going. The finish will be distorted but I might BFPU my triangle and say fuck it. If I ever want a pretty finish I’ll send to @FatAlbert and have him refinish way down the road. So triangle folder pin hole handled for free. YAY

Great news - I got the PK-A red dot today!!! I’m so stoked. Gonna play with it on the triangle folder after dinner here in a bit. Might need a @Jeddak translation or two it’s dirty sick nasty awesome
View attachment 80270 View attachment 80271 View attachment 80272

And the bad news. The 1965 matching WASR 10/63 I picked up yesterday failed the bullet test miserably. Like swallowed a whole AK round up to the casing neck and was still a bit loose. Figured maybe I was just a bad crown job or wouldn’t effect shooting in real life, but had never seen that before. Barrel wasn’t looking great, even being a CHF/CL circle Y barrel.
Go to range today to prove myself wrong. Shoot at 25y only about 8” groups with every couple of rounds keyholing in sideways.
took it to a buddies house afterwards who had tools and stuff I needed to get from
Him anyways and we took a pulled AK round and dropped it down the muzzle end just to see how bad that bore was. Bullet fell freely 10” into the barrel before it gently stopped. Probably could have used a rod and pushed it all the way through. Tried several pulled bullets
This barrel is TOAST.

So now I’ve got to either buy a new barrel and ship to two rivers to have them rebarrel the rifle, it’s already sporting an oversized barrel
Pin so not sure what they’ll say about that potential, or demil it, buy new front trunnion , sell as parts kit or use as parts kit, but damn just damn. I’ve never seen a barrel THAT shot out on an AK ever

with wiggle room
View attachment 80276
View attachment 80277 View attachment 80279
I got an idea; get @noclevername and @Wudee involved, they might be able to help you rebarrel that thing without having to send it off - just be sure to bring a proper donation to everyone’s second favorite vice

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Yeah - never again on the raw aluminum.

I tried buying that Wheeler’s cerakote paint stuff in the spray can, followed the directions exactly, and it came out like 60-grit sandpaper, even though it went on smooth. So it’s gonna go to @FatAlbert with a charter .32 revolver when I’ve got some extra cheddar for old projects.
I’m sure he’ll make it look awesome. I like to pick at him, but from what I’ve seen of his work, you won’t be disappointed.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
My 5 year old grandson Jack and I went to tractor supply today and got 6 chicks. I got rid of all of my chickens last year when I had back surgery.
f1249bbfc7d4ca4ced778430dab041d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How’d you get em to stack up so neatly???

Oooohhhh. I get it.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Guess it's ime for another safe; pulled out gats from one safe to update the insurance policy, but they are stupid expensive for additional coverage; think I'll be better off just getting a bigger safe and not claiming extra coverage.

20200305_130946.jpg