Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Range report from today with a couple buddies, then I'm gonna catch up on the 300 posts I'm behind..
Shot the following:
Glock 19 w/RMR & Threaded Barrel with Osprey .45 Can On/Off
CZ 75 SPO1 w/ Oprey .45 Can On/Off
Glock 43 w/ Overwatch Precision Trigger
Glock 40 w/ Vortex Venom
Glock 20 with Ameriglow sights
Fnx .45 Tactical

My shooting:
Glock 19 w/ RMR shot decent as usual silver dollar grouping at 15', and head size grouping at 25'. Can makes the gun front heavy of course, but it still shoots well enough.
CZ 75 SPO1 - Suppressed - The can fits on this gun like it is meant to be there, made the overall balance beautiful. Felt fantastic. Grouping at 25' of a half dollar w/ subs and when I swapped to supers, it seemed to shoot slightly low left from point of aim (probably the shooter). I was able to punch my own holes pretty consistent at 15' and did several times at 25'.
Glock 43 - Shot fair. Been a while, I feel like I perform better with full size guns.
Glock 40 - Not for me. Heaviest glock, I've ever shot. Felt unbalanced. Shot it decent, slightly worse then my 19, dollar bill size grouping at 15', and chest size grouping at 25'. Didn't help that it was still on stock sights with the dot, and I caught myself wobbling pretty bad with it.
Glock 20 - Shot it well, had a pretty good balance to it. Half dollar grouping at 15' and dollar bill grouping at 25'.
Fnx.45 tactical - stock trigger on it was weird. I've never shot FN before, so it took a bit of getting used to. The stock trigger seemed to have an awkwardly long trigger pull. Half dollar grouping at 15' and chest group at 25'.
Apologies that I use currency for my measuring, I'm not a hardcore shooter that analyses down to inches. Except for on long range.

My analysis- I'm gonna continue pursuing handguns that aren't glocks, but they always seem to follow me home.
Lesson also learned: Don't tell my buddies that if they decide to sell a gun I'd take it. Wound up buying the Gen 3 Glock 20 w/ameriglows for $400 from my buddy looks to be LNIB, he just bought that FN and decided he needed to let it go.. OG box, 2 mags, one loaded with Personal Defense Rounds. Not a bad price at least.

Tried a CZ P-07/P-09 or a P-10C yet? I love my P-07. It replaced my SP-01 Tactical for EDC. The P-10C is the best out of the box striker gun I've ever fired, and they only get better with time. Make sure you get the "Gen 2" though.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Those 20rd SureFeed mags are the shiznit. You don't happen to have any old 20rd Colt/Armalite marked waffle mags laying around do ya?

Edit: Are those 25rd steelies in that pic?

They're all 20s, some are curved and some are straight. Those waffles are $400ish or more if you can find them, I'd like one but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money!

The new Surefire 30 round E2 are freaking awesome! I haven't taken the 20 out of the pack yet, it's the only one I got lol

20191024_152046.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
They're all 20s, some are curved and some are straight. Those waffles are $400ish or more if you can find them, I'd like one but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money!

The new Surefire 30 round E2 are freaking awesome! I haven't taken the 20 out of the pack yet, it's the only one I got lol

View attachment 56457

Yeah, I have a Brownells retro reproduction waffle mag for my Colt SP1 clone. Been looking for an original for a good price though.

Love me the 30rd SureFeed E2's as well. The texturing really helps if you have sweaty hands. I have a bunch of FDE E2's that I use for 300blk so I don't get my 5.56 and 300blk mags mixed up.