• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
What is a SAR1 Ak worth?
Is it worth trading a Colt AR for it?

View attachment 79668 P
SAR-1s were imported from 1999 to 2004, so it’s been 16 years since they were available in a Gun store. Currently a great deal would be $650, but you are likely to pay anywhere from $700 -$850 depending on condition. I have two SARS, on stock (except I did thread the barrel and add a slant brake) and one that has a NOS gas block conversion and a hot blue finish. $750 and $900 respectively if I were selling, but i ain’t.

The SAR has gone up quite a bit in price in the past 10 years, and it will continue to rise in value from here on out probably. If you want the closet thing a common American can get to a made in the motherland military AKM you’re choices are the SAR-1 and the pre MISR Maadi, period. Both countries built their own weapons under Soviet license, on Soviet equipment with Soviet technical advice/support., and that’s what makes them grow in value.

Last edited:

mark23

Kalash Klub Babysitter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 24, 2015
Yes
SAR-1s were imported from 1999 to 2004, so it’s been 16 years since they were available in a Gun store. Currently a great deal would be $650, but you are likely to pay anywhere from $700 -$850 depending on condition. I have two SARS, on stock (except I did thread the barrel and add a slant brake) and one that has a NOS gas block conversion and a hot blue finish. $750 and $900 respectively if I were selling, but i

The SAR has gone up quite a bit in price in the past 10 years, and it will continue to rise in value from here on out probably. If you want the closet thing a common American can get to a made in the motherland military AKM you’re choices are the SAR-1 and the pre MISR Maadi, period. Both countries built their own weapons under Soviet license, on Soviet equipment with Soviet technical advice/support., and that’s what makes them grow in value.

First AK was a SAR1. Pretty sure that makes me a genius.