The Moody Blues – Late Lament

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Hey @Jeddak
I was talking to my son last night about the 1980 Olympics and the USA Gold Medal Hockey Team. We are going to watch the Documentary Friday. Where were you in 1980 when the USA kicked that USSR Hockey Ass? Do you remember that? I have always wondered what the Russians thought about that. No doubt the USSR team was the greatest of all time.......except for fateful in Lake Placid 40 years ago.
In 1980 I started my 1st grade in school in Klintsyi, RSFSR. I remember summer 1980 Olympics better than winter. Partly because I I was young, and parents sent me to bed before the games were broadcasted. Summer Olympics were in the same time zone as Moscow, so I got to see more of them.
Tretyak was my hero. I was a goalie growing up. TsSKA was the best hockey team in the country. Most of the players on the USSR international and Olympic hockey teams were from TsSKA, with a couple from Spartak and Dinamo.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
In 1980 I started my 1st grade in school in Klintsyi, RSFSR. I remember summer 1980 Olympics better than winter. Partly because I I was young, and parents sent me to bed before the games were broadcasted. Summer Olympics were in the same time zone as Moscow, so I got to see more of them.
Tretyak was my hero. I was a goalie growing up. TsSKA was the best hockey team in the country. Most of the players on the USSR international and Olympic hockey teams were from TsSKA, with a couple from Spartak and Dinamo.
Pulling Tretiak from the goal.......probably the worst coaching decision in Olympic history!