Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
My wife's firm had a CEO call that asked for furlough volunteers. They're going to furlough a couple hundred people and cut pay of everyone remaining. Sucks.
My wife had her pay cut 20% about 2 weeks ago and was kinda furloughed yesterday. Next week she begins 1 week working, 1 week furloughed. I'm not complaining though, could be worse. I hope your wife survives the cut Bro.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
My wife had her pay cut 20% about 2 weeks ago and was kinda furloughed yesterday. Next week she begins 1 week working, 1 week furloughed. I'm not complaining though, could be worse. I hope your wife survives the cut Bro.
I'm hoping that they just cut her hours and pay so she doesn't lose access to health benefits. The entire family is on her plan and mine don't kick in for a month. Pretty scary stuff.
I'm just glad to have a recession-proof job that pays well enough to float things in an emergency.

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
Lord willing, within this month all my debt will be paid off, (not that I’m tens of thousands of dollars in debt) my wife isn’t working anymore this year. So it’s up to me to make stuff work.. I’m sorry to hear so many people are getting screwed by this. It isn’t right

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It's crazy how fast everything is happening. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to recover.
I was talking with my dad about it last week. We've passed the point of being able to just go back t o work...companys arent bringing in the revenue needed to resume 'normal'operations.
I do think that people are finally starting to wake up to the con job and wont be willing to shelter in place for much longer. The media can throw out its numbers but until there are bodies in the streets people are starting to realize this was all just a tad overhyped.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
It's crazy how fast everything is happening. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to recover.
It's just history reminding us that physical and financial security is more of an illusion than a blanket.
Reminds me of a line from a poem written by Rudyard Kipling in 1914 (one of my favorite martial poets), "For All We Have and Are"

Comfort, content, delight,
The ages' slow-bought gain,
They shriveled in a night.
Only ourselves remain
To face the naked days
In silent fortitude,
Through perils and dismays
Renewed and re-renewed

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Lord willing, within this month all my debt will be paid off, (not that I’m tens of thousands of dollars in debt) my wife isn’t working anymore this year. So it’s up to me to make stuff work.. I’m sorry to hear so many people are getting screwed by this. It isn’t right
My neighbor down the street got furloughed...I'm paying him a bit of cash for some odd jobs around the house. It's not much but its something